Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
Aquinax
Banned
Aquinax began at the beginning.

Device: Aquinax
Add & Associate a file to a book entry

I'd like to add a PDF file to the book entry in Calibre which contains the files .doc & .epub generated from the same PDF. So that the original PDF isn't lost - is it possible?...
Aquinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not sure of what you really want.

One of each book format can be stored in the same 'record'.
Open the Metadata edit for the Title, drop each additional format into the Formats box.
Note: if you drop an existing format, it will REPLACE without warning
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Aquinax - you can also drop the additional format onto the Book Details panel (usually in a side bar on the left, but can be at the bottom if you have changed the User Interface layout to narrow) - here you will get a get warning, unless you previously elected to ignore the warning.

And, you can add a format to an existing book via Add Books->Add files to selected book records

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:41 PM   #4
Aquinax
Banned

Thanks, theducks, BetterRed, didn't know it was so easy.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:44 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquinax View Post
Thanks, theducks, BetterRed, didn't know it was so easy.
It is the supposedly Easy stuff, that is hard
Old 03-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #6
Aquinax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It is the supposedly Easy stuff, that is hard
My English as a non-native language always prepares trouble for me... What I meant to say is "I was quite surprised how simple it turned out to be."
Old 03-19-2017, 02:18 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquinax View Post
My English as a non-native language always prepares trouble for me... What I meant to say is "I was quite surprised how simple it turned out to be."
I did understand the original reply.
I was noting that the reverse is usually true.

"That will be easy!" <2 hours latter... >