Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-31-2008, 05:48 PM   #61
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
One more note on the renaming. Testing on a local file system, when I rename the author it copies the file but the original author folder renames. That means that if I rename author(x) to author(y) and then author(z), I get two empty folders and one with the book content.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:56 PM   #62
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
occasional segfaults

Quote:
Converting RTF to XML...
Parsing XML...
Converting XML to HTML...
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Rationalizing font sizes...
Output written to /home/jeff/dccrecv/The_Talented_Mr_Ripley.lrf
/usr/bin/rtf2lrf: line 6: 23129 Segmentation fault ./rtf2lrf "$@"
Quote:
lrfviewer The_Talented_Mr_Ripley.lrf
/usr/bin/lrfviewer: line 6: 23187 Segmentation fault ./lrfviewer "$@"
I'm getting occasional segfaults with the console tools. The examples above are reproducible. The operations seem to complete normally otherwise...
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #63
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
I'm getting occasional segfaults with the console tools. The examples above are reproducible. The operations seem to complete normally otherwise...
Those can be ignored (they're an artifact of the process of creating the binary distribution).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:28 PM   #64
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

released new betas that should fix jplumey's and coljoe's problems.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:40 PM   #65
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I sure wish you'd consider fixing mine I don't think you realize what a big deal this .oebzip thing is. Right now I have a library of several thousands of .mobi and .oebzip books. If I rename all my .oebzip books, they no longer work properly with fbreader. I use fbreader a lot, so this means I'd have to maintain two libraries, one for the sony and one for my nokia tablets, at least until I manage to convert everything to .epub. Is adding a file extension to check for a big deal?
Advert
Old 08-31-2008, 10:55 PM   #66
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Not too big a deal, just a lot of book keeping. I'm reserving this thread for bug fixes, yours is a feature request Open a ticket and I'll get around to it.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:06 PM   #67
JeffElkins
Guru

Done.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:17 AM   #68
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Running on MS Media Center (XP SP3).
Calibre did not start, had to use the command line:
C:\>calibre-debug -c "from calibre.gui2.main
import main; main();"
Couldn't resolve property: linearGradient5167
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "debug.py", line 66, in <module>
File "debug.py", line 55, in main
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 1327, i
n main
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 242, in
__init__
File "calibre\gui2\cover_flow.pyo", line 74, in __init__
TypeError: too many arguments to PictureFlow(), 1 at most expected
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 83, in run
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 55, in build_id_map
File "glob.pyo", line 15, in glob
File "glob.pyo", line 40, in iglob
File "glob.pyo", line 40, in iglob
File "glob.pyo", line 42, in iglob
File "calibre\startup.pyo", line 127, in my_join
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getfilesystemencoding'

After this I was able to start it directly.
Tried few news feeds, none of them successful. First a windows error: "calibre-parallel.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...". Calibre stays open, then gives this:
Job: Fetch news from Newsweek
error: (10054, 'Connection reset by peer')
Traceback:
File "calibre\parallel.pyo", line 711, in run
File "calibre\parallel.pyo", line 430, in control
File "calibre\parallel.pyo", line 391, in read
File "calibre\parallel.pyo", line 281, in read
error: (10054, 'Connection reset by peer')

The same error "USA Today", ESPN, "NY Times", 0.4.83 worked fine. Last one I tried, was CNN, got an windows error: "calibre.exe has encountered ...". After that I was not able to start it, will later restart the computer and try again.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:19 AM   #69
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@ddavtian

Seems to be something in your OS that's interfering. Let me know if the reboot fixes it
Old 09-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #70
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi is that still in the .4.84b3 file? I just downloaded and renaming the author still leaves the old author folder in place.

Also, if I rename the title of the book, the book folder is renamed, but any of the lrf files inside of it.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #71
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Hi is that still in the .4.84b3 file? I just downloaded and renaming the author still leaves the old author folder in place.

Also, if I rename the title of the book, the book folder is renamed, but any of the lrf files inside of it.
Author folders are deleted only if they are empty, does the author you're testing with have only 1 book?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #72
wheels2040
wheels2040 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 Reader
Is there any way to import the library1.db file once the beta has already been installed?
wheels2040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #73
astrodad
Guru

Quote:
Author folders are deleted only if they are empty, does the author you're testing with have only 1 book?
Yes my entire library only has one book right now.

What I am doing is changing "Vernon Vinge" to "Burbon Binge". I get a new "Burbon Binge" folder with the book folder inside, but the "Vernon Vinge" folder remains.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 PM   #74
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2040 View Post
Is there any way to import the library1.db file once the beta has already been installed?
Delete the library folder and the calibre settings folder (it is a folder named calibre containing the files dynamic.pickle and global.py) Then put library1.db in its correct place and run the GUI
Old 09-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #75
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Yes my entire library only has one book right now.

What I am doing is changing "Vernon Vinge" to "Burbon Binge". I get a new "Burbon Binge" folder with the book folder inside, but the "Vernon Vinge" folder remains.
That works for me. Try b4 which i will release in a couple of hours.