Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-07-2016, 02:25 AM   #1
mmjoshi
Connoisseur
mmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle Touch
KOReader unable to open epub files

* KOReader version: koreader-nightly-20160702
* Device: Kindle Touch

I was using the v2015.11-stable version. It gave me no problem in reading a large collection of epub files that I have. Recently I installed the latest nightly koreader-nightly-20160702 on my Kindle Touch and now I am unable to read ANY epub file KOReader exits doing nothing. Presumably it has crashed. I am attaching the KOReader crash.log file. Is this the problem of the latest nightly or should I stick to the stable release? When will this be fixed?

mj
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.txt (508 Bytes, 391 views)
mmjoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mmjoshi: Yup, that's indeed a crashy crash .

Try with a clean install, and if that doesn't help, open an issue on github .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 10:54 PM   #3
mmjoshi
Connoisseur
mmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchfork

Thanks for confirming the problem. How do I do a clean install of koreader?
Old 07-07-2016, 11:19 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mmjoshi: Simply delete (or rename if you want to play it safe and/or if you have some custom settings you'd like to keep safe) the koreader folder, and then "reinstall" it (i.e., unpack the latest nightly tarball/zip).
Old 07-09-2016, 01:56 AM   #5
mmjoshi
Connoisseur

Thanks! A clean install of KOReader solved the problem. Wonder what was wrong though!
Advert
Old 07-09-2016, 08:58 AM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Let's chalk this one up to gremlins . Glad a clean install did the trick .
Old 07-10-2016, 09:42 AM   #7
mmjoshi
Connoisseur

Gremlins Indeed

Tags
epub, koreader, nightly