Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
goddess_althena
goddess_althena began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Kobo (Original)
Removed preloaded books from my Kobo, now shows up as "MISSING" & expired

Hey everyone, first post, but have lurked about quite a bit. I've had the Kindle for over a year now, but recently purchased an original Kobo (refurb) for the spouse who doesn't read as much. He has no interest in the preloaded books, so at first I was deleting them right on the device (I guess you can do that now?) and it would erase them completely, however it was a pretty slow process.

I use Calibre for everything and read here that you can easily delete those books with the program so I did. However, now when I connect my Kobo and manage things with Calibre, I notice when I look at the list of my books on the device, all of the preloaded books I deleted with Calibre show up in this format:

FILE MISSING: The Castle of Otranto Horace Walpole 08 Jul 2011 1.0 Expired

None of the books that I deleted using the Kobo interface show up like that. The files are gone from from the Kobo and only my chosen books show up. Also, they've definitely been deleted as all of those MBs of memory have freed up, but I'm wondering if this is some sort of remnant script error? Does everyone else have this same thing after using Calibre to delete those books? I couldn't find anything here or on Google about it.

It's not so much of a problem, just a bit annoying. Plus I've purchased one for my Father, and he will want the books removed as well, but he's not so tech-savvy and seeing those "FILE MISSING" errors will likely confuse him.

I really appreciate any help or comments anyone can offer.
goddess_althena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by goddess_althena View Post
Hey everyone, first post, but have lurked about quite a bit. I've had the Kindle for over a year now, but recently purchased an original Kobo (refurb) for the spouse who doesn't read as much. He has no interest in the preloaded books, so at first I was deleting them right on the device (I guess you can do that now?) and it would erase them completely, however it was a pretty slow process.

I use Calibre for everything and read here that you can easily delete those books with the program so I did. However, now when I connect my Kobo and manage things with Calibre, I notice when I look at the list of my books on the device, all of the preloaded books I deleted with Calibre show up in this format:

FILE MISSING: The Castle of Otranto Horace Walpole 08 Jul 2011 1.0 Expired

None of the books that I deleted using the Kobo interface show up like that. The files are gone from from the Kobo and only my chosen books show up. Also, they've definitely been deleted as all of those MBs of memory have freed up, but I'm wondering if this is some sort of remnant script error? Does everyone else have this same thing after using Calibre to delete those books? I couldn't find anything here or on Google about it.

It's not so much of a problem, just a bit annoying. Plus I've purchased one for my Father, and he will want the books removed as well, but he's not so tech-savvy and seeing those "FILE MISSING" errors will likely confuse him.

I really appreciate any help or comments anyone can offer.
There is a new update to fix that 0.8.9

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
goddess_althena
goddess_althena began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Kobo (Original)
Oh wow, just today, go figure! LOL Thanks very much!
goddess_althena is offline   Reply With Quote