Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-22-2019, 03:21 PM   #46
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Free Holiday Shipping -- Best Buy

Best Buy's free holiday shipping (no minimum purchase) is now in effect and will expire Christmas Day.

Quote:
Free shipping on everything all season long

Special order delivery items, some scheduled delivery items, and items displaying In Store Only or Check Stores are not available for free shipping. Not all items are available for all shipping methods. Offer valid 10/22/19–12/25/19.

See additional shipping options ›
Quote:
Free next-day delivery on thousands of items

Next-day delivery for qualifying products is based on product availability and on the time of day the order is placed. $35 minimum purchase is required and applies to ship-to-home items after coupons and before taxes. ($35 minimum does not apply to My Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus members.) $35 minimum does not include digital downloads, e-gift cards, special orders, and any items canceled or removed from the order. Next-day delivery limitations may apply for Thanksgiving week, select promotional periods and weekend orders. Sunday delivery not available. Size and weight restrictions apply. Major appliances, 51" or larger TVs, and other scheduled delivery items have different delivery terms.

See major appliance scheduled delivery terms ›

See 51" or larger TV scheduled delivery terms ›

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-23-2019 at 04:23 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free Holiday Shipping -- Target

Target's free holiday shipping (no minimum purchase) begins 01 Nov and will expire 21 Dec.

Quote:
Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) today announced its plans to offer guests an unrivaled experience this holiday season. The retailer is adding nearly $50 million in payroll compared to last holiday to ensure more team members are available to assist guests during peak hours, and doubling the number of team members dedicated to fulfillment, including same-day services, so guests can get their orders in as soon as an hour. Target also shared that 25 million guests and counting have enrolled in Target Circle, now the country’s fastest-growing loyalty program. As Target Circle members, guests will have new and exclusive ways to save throughout the season. And with the most comprehensive suite of same-day delivery and pickup options, Target will make it faster and more convenient for millions of guests to get their gifts, holiday essentials and more.
Quote:
Free Shipping – In addition to offering retail’s most comprehensive suite of same-day services, Target is making free shipping available to all guests for the holidays, with orders arriving as early as the next day. Beginning Nov. 1, all Target guests can access free shipping on hundreds of thousands of items, with no minimum purchase or membership required. The retailer will offer free shipping through Dec. 21
Advert
Old 10-24-2019, 05:23 PM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Stores Closed on Thanksgiving Day

Just like previous years, quite a few stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day (two examples below). I have no intention of tracking which ones will be closed, because there are BF websites that already do this (see below). These links are also posted on the front page in post #2.

Staples Announces Stores Will Again Be Closed on Thanksgiving Day

As REI Co-op prepares to #OptOutside for fifth year, CEO says it’s not enough

Store Closures/Openings
Old 10-25-2019, 09:11 AM   #49
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It's the single band wifi that's a deal breaker for me.

I shall continue my quest in search of - The Phone
I'm pretty happy with my $50 (upgrade price) Tracfone Galaxy J7 Crown. 2GB RAM, 16GB internal, came with Android 8 then updated to 9. I have a 128GB mSD but I think it will use larger. Works fine with 5GHZ WiFi. Bluetooth connects to my car when I get in. The Kindle app also works beautifully, I can read comfortably on it when I get stuck with a long wait somewhere.

Also happy with $6 case with flat, textured back good for 1-hand typing though some will prefer a kick-stand.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:26 AM   #50
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've waited about as long as I can for PC prices to drop - I'm pretty sure I'll pull the trigger on one this year. Right now my top choice is a $1850 Dell G5 with i9-9900 (not K), 32GB, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, and Nvidia RTX 2060 Super.

When Nvidia introduced the GTX 1660 ti I thought it was perfect for me. Then I read that next year's new Playstation will include ray tracing video. so games should ramp up more quickly than I first thought. If this system lasts the same 8 years as my current i7 there's a good chance I'd regret skimping on that feature.

Problem is, the best BF deals are always preconfigured systems that don't have the components I really want...
Advert
Old 10-26-2019, 05:43 PM   #51
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I'm pretty happy with my $50 (upgrade price) Tracfone Galaxy J7 Crown. 2GB RAM, 16GB internal, came with Android 8 then updated to 9. I have a 128GB mSD but I think it will use larger. Works fine with 5GHZ WiFi. Bluetooth connects to my car when I get in. The Kindle app also works beautifully, I can read comfortably on it when I get stuck with a long wait somewhere.

Also happy with $6 case with flat, textured back good for 1-hand typing though some will prefer a kick-stand.
That's cool, but it's too big and too expensive for me. I'm looking for a phone under 4.7".
Old 10-26-2019, 07:54 PM   #52
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sam's Club One Day Sale --> ad scan
  • Online -- Sat 09 Nov @ 12am ET
  • Store --- Sat 09 Nov @ 7am local
  • Note ---- sales start at 12am ET and end at 11:59pm ET (unless otherwise specified)

Sam's Club 1-Day Sale 2019 Ad Posted!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:

We just posted the 24-page Sam's Club 1-Day Sale Ad Scan!

The coveted one-day sale will take place on Saturday, November 9th starting at 7AM.

This is the perfect place for you to start on your holiday shopping it will begin during the month before Christmas. We recently posted the Sam's Club Instant Savings Book to give you some inspiration on those lists. Now, it's time to get down to the fun part!

more...
Discount Programs -- save additional money by using these offers

TabletsSmartphones
  • SALE -- ad scan -- Apple iPhones --> up to $650 in Gift Cards
  • SALE -- ad scan -- Sam Smartphones --> up to $700 in Gift Cards
ComputersAccessories.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-07-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:59 PM   #53
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
That's cool, but it's too big and too expensive for me. I'm looking for a phone under 4.7".
My previous LG Destiny was a decent 4.5" phone but I'm pretty sure it only had 2.4ghz Wifi. Finding a cheap phone with reliable 5ghz connectivity and adequate range might not be easy...
Old 10-29-2019, 01:20 PM   #54
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Lenovo Black Friday --> ad scan
  • Sneak Peek --- Th 31 Oct ~ 04 Nov --> details

• Blk Fri -- Th 28~30 Nov @ 12am ET
  • Cyber --- Su 01~03 Dec @ 12am ET

Lenovo Black Friday 2019 Ad Posted!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    We just posted the 30-page Lenovo Black Friday ad scan!

This ad all about computers: from basic work laptops, to powerhouse gaming PCs. There are also some other gaming accessories and electronics in addition to the regular computers.

Lenovo is having an early sneak peek of their Black Friday deals from Thursday, October 31st through Monday, November 4th so you can take advantage of the deals before all the Black Friday craziness. Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday each have their own group of doorbusters that go live at midnight on their respective days. Check out the Doorbusters Schedule to see what's happening each day.

more...
Quote:
This is the first BF ad of interest to us. Like many stores to follow, Lenovo is having multiple sales over different dates and different times. It's beyond the scope of this thread for me to post these details as they're too numerous. You'll need to view the ad and make your own notes. Clicking the item (blue link) takes you to the ad scan page for further details.

Their big doorbuster is a $99 Windows laptop. At that price, it's bare bones and suitable for surfing the web. Note that this laptop will be on sale on three different date/times. I expect it to be gone within a matter of minutes after each sale, so act fast if you want it. Remember, you're competing against shoppers across the entire country.

TabletsMedia Players
Computers --> see ad for full listingAccessories.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-23-2019 at 07:54 AM.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #55
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Costco Black Friday --> ad scan | ad scan | ad scan
  • Online ---- Mo 28 Oct ~ 21 Nov
  • Member -- We 30 Oct ~ 24 Nov
  • Holiday --- Th 07 Nov ~ 21 Nov
  • Holiday --- Fri 22 Nov ~ 02 Dec

• Online -- Th 28 Nov @ 12am ET
  • Store --- Fri 29 Nov @ 9am local
  • Cyber --- Mo 02 Dec @ 12am ET

Costco Black Friday 2019 Ad Posted!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    We just posted the 32-page Costco Black Friday ad scan!

The deals start rolling out on Thursday November 7th and come in waves. The first wave of online and warehouse savings is from Thursday November 7th through Thursday November 21st. The second wave of online and warehouse savings starts Friday November 22nd and goes through Cyber Monday, December 2nd.

Costco will be closed for Thanksgiving on November 28th but will open its doors again at 9am on Black Friday. While they're closed you can still shop their deals online. Keep in mind that some deals are only available online. Look for the blue banners on certain items in the ad.

more...
Quote:
This sale is split across five sets of dates (07~21 Nov | 22 Nov~02 Dec | 28~28 Nov | 29 Nov~02 Dec | 02~02 Dec). Since these sales are listed as WSL (while supplies last), start your shopping at the beginning of each start date or you may lose out.

Please note that some of these items are in-store or online only.

TabletsMedia PlayersSmartphones
  • SALE -- ad scan -- 22 Nov -- Sam Galaxy family (S10, S10+, Note10+)
Computers
  • SALE -- ad scan -- 07 Nov -- Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo
  • SALE -- ad scan -- 22 Nov -- LG.com
  • SALE -- ad scan -- 22 Nov -- Apple, Dell
  • SALE -- ad scan -- 22 Nov -- Chrome, Dell, HP, MSI
  • SALE -- ad scan -- 28 Nov -- Apple, Dell, HP
  • SALE -- ad scan -- 29 Nov -- Apple, HP, Lenovo
  • SALE -- ad scan -- 29 Nov -- Dell, HP
  • SALE -- ad scan -- 02 Dec -- Apple, Dell, Lenovo
Digital StorageAccessories.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-23-2019 at 07:30 AM.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:23 PM   #56
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Whatever happened to the good ole days when Black Friday started Friday morning and ended Sunday evening? Shopping was easier then. Now you need a score card to keep track.

Now it goes on forever with umpteen start dates, start times, online only, in-store only, etc
Old 10-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #57
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
Whatever happened to the good ole days when Black Friday started Friday morning and ended Sunday evening? Shopping was easier then. Now you need a score card to keep track.

Now it goes on forever with umpteen start dates, start times, online only, in-store only, etc
And people camped out in line days before hoping to get one of the 10 available 35" tube TVs being given away for only $1500...
Old 11-01-2019, 01:46 AM   #58
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Kohl's Black Friday --> ad scan
  • Online -- Th 28 Nov @ 12am CT
  • Store --- Th 28 Nov @ 5pm local | Fri 29 Nov @ 8am local

Kohl's Black Friday 2019 Ad Posted + 1-Day Sale is Live!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    We just posted the 66-page Kohl's Black Friday ad scan!

You'll be able to shop Black Friday deals online at Kohl's starting on Monday, November 25th, and if you'd prefer to brave the stores, deals will begin at 5PM on Thursday, November 28th. Kohl's will open at 5PM on Thanksgiving.

As for doorbusters, they'll start online at midnight CT and in-store at 5PM CT on November 28th. Note that doorbusters will end at 1PM on Black Friday, and they're only valid while supplies last, so you'll want to get in line or be online early if you're hoping to snag one.

more...

TabletsMedia PlayersAccessories.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-23-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:09 PM   #59
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Dell Home Black Friday --> ad scan | ad scan
  • Online -- Fri 01 Nov @ 12am ET --> holiday sales begin
  • Online -- Th 28 Nov @ 10am ET --> doorbusters begin

Dell Consumer & Small Business Black Friday Ads Posted!
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    We just posted the 13-page Dell Home & Home Office Black Friday Sneak Peek Ad!

Select Dell Home savings start today, November 1st! You can get early access to a very limited amount of items listed in this ad right now. As for the doorbusters listed in this ad, some offers will be available starting 10AM ET on Thanksgiving Day and some will become available on Black Friday at 8 AM ET. If you plan to capitalize on any of these sales make that list and check it twice because this ad can be quite confusing.

We also posted the 6-page Dell Small Business ad scan!

The Dell Small Business offers run from November 25th through November 30th. Much like the Dell Home ad, these doorbusters will go live on different days including November 25th, 26th, 28th, and 29th. Keep an eye on the times, too! Most of the items will have both different release days and times to keep you on your toes so be ready if any of these items interest you.

more...

Media PlayersComputers --> see ad 1 | see ad 2
  • $200 -- ad scan -- 28 Nov -- Inspiron 15 3000 Laptop (15.6", 4GB, 1TB) @ 10am ET
  • $200 -- ad scan -- 29 Nov -- Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1 (11.6", 4GB, 64GB) @ 8am ET
  • $230 -- ad scan -- 29 Nov -- Inspiron 15 3000 Laptop (15.6", 4GB, 500GB) @ 10am ET
  • $130 -- ad scan -- 29 Nov -- Inspiron 14 3000 Laptop (14.0", 4GB, 64GB) @ 11am ET
Accessories.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-23-2019 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:13 PM   #60
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Wish list - Samsung Galaxy Tab S6. I'm looking specifically for the one that has data in addition to wifi.

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote