Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Hmm yeah. and what...monitor for the poweroff event?

or perhaps we should just disable screensavers.... ???

I like the sound of that more...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #17
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
One of the most powerful things that could be imagined on a *nix machine -

For the author - nearly as simple - in your file manager just click the file and pick "sign" then pick the key you are using for this purpose.
Whilst I agree this has no extra power than the previous incarnation.
But "Yes," we probably should adopt a signing policy for the nervy.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
It is a brand new launcher - -
A good time to establish a brand new policy on executable postings.

I know you made a "full disclosure" in the top post -
But since this is a "time of change" anyway . . . . .
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #19
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Hmm yeah. and what...monitor for the poweroff event?

or perhaps we should just disable screensavers.... ???

I like the sound of that more...
Disable screensaver? HELL NO. Right now that is the only way to get out of stuck programs that refuse to exit. But a cleanup button, that will kill everything that has been started would be sufficient, imo. Or a button to focus again on the code that was run.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
briant1234
Enthusiast
briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kindle Touch
omg twobob <3 will test soon

i can't even karma you more
briant1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #21
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by briant1234 View Post
omg twobob <3 will test soon

i can't even karma you more
Quote:
Credits.
This is mainly the work of Ixtab.
but you're most welcome.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #22
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Disable screensaver? HELL NO. Right now that is the only way to get out of stuck programs that refuse to exit. But a cleanup button, that will kill everything that has been started would be sufficient, imo. Or a button to focus again on the code that was run.
hmm...

having trouble envisioning how this could know what was subsequently run in the resulting scripts. PID children perhaps

It smells like a job for a human rather than a machine... as-in a bodge script.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
hmm...

having trouble envisioning how this could know what was subsequently run in the resulting scripts. PID children perhaps

It smells like a job for a human rather than a machine... as-in a bodge script.
Ah - how about a script that does a "ps ..." then edits the result to only include the list of program names that the launcher already knows about?

Not me. Let DT code it for us.

- - - -

3193 looks pretty - will try to stop now.
Most of this is chatroom stuff anyway.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #24
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
I'm definitely not into this kind of thing, but I agree with Twobob: the GUI launcher has the same power of this!
Moreover, users (like me) download and install things at their risk.
BTW, I'm more than happy to provide this signing policy for Komic (but I need to understand it first!).
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #25
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Ah - how about a script that does a "ps ..." then edits the result to only include the list of program names that the launcher already knows about?

Not me. Let DT code it for us.

- - - -

3193 looks pretty - will try to stop now.
Most of this is chatroom stuff anyway.
Already did code it. Well in my head. I will wrap my kterm call in a shell script and kill all leftovers first, then run it. When working will post that script here.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #26
twobob

Okay... so to enable a bodge script. easily. I made a trimmed down version of System!k

Called "Helper".

Will attach to top post. just add your improvements to the kill-kterm.sh in there.

Pictured... (when I attach it) done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	helper.png
Views:	1757
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	99774  

Last edited by twobob; 01-20-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #27
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Okay... so to enable a bodge script. easily. I made a trimmed down version of System!k

Called "Helper".

Will attach to top post. just add your improvements to the kill-kterm.sh in there.

Pictured... (when I attach it) done.
Oh that will work. Will test it out. Since I already need to hack into the WakeupFromScreenSaver event for my lightoff, I will try to instead of running my script to run a script that will run all /mnt/us/extensions/runatwakeup. And you can customize what happens when you wake up from screensaver.

As for nested menus - is that supported? That would be a great thing.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #28
twobob

Whilst the results are TreeMap thus sortable? they currently are processed out as-is.

one for the "nice to have" pile - usability on all devices to be addressed
Old 01-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #29
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Whilst the results are TreeMap thus sortable? they currently are processed out as-is.

one for the "nice to have" pile - usability on all devices to be addressed
Ok, got it. Helper is broke. Listen to your own advice: Run your dosending2unixending on your own stuff before tgzing or ziping. Both have dos ending.

Update: here is how kill-kterm.sh should look like:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
kill -9 `pidof kterm`
kill -9 `pidof matchbox-keyboard`
Or alternatively if you like killall:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
killall -9 kterm
killall -9 matchbox-keyboard
AFAIK, killall only accepts process names, not pids.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 01-20-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #30
twobob

now irrelevant

Last edited by twobob; 01-27-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified