Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-13-2020, 03:08 AM   #1
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
adobe digital editions 4.5.11

I decided to check their page to see if there's a newer version and there was. I still have the problem that it takes at least a minute or two before its page appears. I'm guessing it's some lag with verifying the books I have checked out from the library. Although it might be a minute or two quicker; i.e., 1 minute instead of 2 or 3 minutes of waiting.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:20 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
I decided to check their page to see if there's a newer version and there was. I still have the problem that it takes at least a minute or two before its page appears. I'm guessing it's some lag with verifying the books I have checked out from the library. Although it might be a minute or two quicker; i.e., 1 minute instead of 2 or 3 minutes of waiting.
The problem is most likely that your ADE directory (the directory where the books are stored) is probably rather larger and that slows down ADE opening. The solution is to rename that directory and create a new directory so ADE can run faster. If you download from Overdrive, you'll have a lot of expired eBooks. ADE can keep a lot of crud and it does sow down if you have enough eBooks.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-13-2020 at 01:41 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2020, 01:13 PM   #3
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is most likely that you ADE directory (the directory where the books are stored) is probably rather larger and that slows down ADE opening. The solution is to rename that directory and create a new directory so ADE can run faster. If you download from Overdrive, you'll have a lot of expired eBooks. ADE can keep a lot of crud and it does sow down if you have enough eBooks.

Hmm, that's an idea. And an easy one to try. Thanks.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 01:43 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
Hmm, that's an idea. And an easy one to try. Thanks.
If you keep all of your ePub in Calibre, once you have ADE running with a fresh directory, you can delete the old directory (and all the crud).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote