Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #1696
BilboBaggins
BilboBaggins began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Oasis 9th generation
Why not to integrate local library networks, as for example the italian MLOL ( Media Library On Line ) ?
BilboBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:49 AM   #1697
Svens
Enthusiast
Svens began at the beginning.

Device: Кіndlе5,NGL,PB650, KPW3,KPW4,KPW5, Kobo Aura One
I noticed that with the latest firmware 4.18.13737, "reading statistics" is not updated while reading, but only when changing the chapter or reopening the book ... It does not update the time remaining in the chapter or in the book.
Svens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #1698
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra H2O
Home button

I wish they would give us a dedicated Home button in the top bar. There's more than enough room next to the Light button.

In this firmware version, if you have opened a book from "My Books" and you want to close it, you get presented with a button "Go back to My Books," while most of the time I want to go to the Home screen. It takes two extra steps (Menu → Home) to get there.

The logic of a Home button is that it should always be available to take you directly back to the start screen.

Last edited by Andrew Ashling; 11-11-2019 at 08:15 PM. Reason: typos
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:57 AM   #1699
gabryele
Connoisseur
gabryele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura one
I would like to change the order of headers and footers: Header (chapter name and progress) down and footer (book name and progress) up.
gabryele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:02 AM   #1700
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabryele View Post
I would like to change the order of headers and footers: Header (chapter name and progress) down and footer (book name and progress) up.
There is a patch for that. I think it's been posted in the patch thread for the 4.18.x firmware.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2019, 06:51 PM   #1701
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Anybody else hold their Kobo with your right hand?

I do. Unfortunately, whenever my Kobo awakes (or powers on), the screen display is momentarily upside down (as though you were holding it in your left hand.) It takes 3 seconds before it flips right side up.
This happens every time.

Wish we could configure our Kobo to start/resume with "right-handed orientation". Or it would start with the correct orientation, but, crazily enough, would flip upside down before switching back right side up!!!

Let me know if you also have this issue.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #1702
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post

I do. Unfortunately, whenever my Kobo awakes (or powers on), the screen display is momentarily upside down (as though you were holding it in your left hand.) It takes 3 seconds before it flips right side up.
This happens every time.

Wish we could configure our Kobo to start/resume with "right-handed orientation". Or it would start with the correct orientation, but, crazily enough, would flip upside down before switching back right side up!!!

Let me know if you also have this issue.
I have this issue too. It is very annoying. I have never yet read with the screen in any orientation other than portrait with buttons on the right, yet every single time I open the sleep cover, it switches to upside-down mode (sometimes I can see it start right-side up, but then it ALWAYS flips to upside-down, then back to right-side up but only if I tilt it up to give it a clue). I've tried closing the sleep cover with the reader vertical, with the reader horizontal, with the reader upside-down...it doesn't matter. The screen ALWAYS starts out upside down, no matter what I do. I wish Kobo would fix this.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:56 AM   #1703
BilboBaggins

Integration with Goodreads

I would like to share my reading experience on Kobo e-readers on Goodreads, like I am doing on my Kindle Oasis...
I do know that Goodreads is own by Amazon, but do you think it would be possible in the future ?
Old 10-14-2019, 03:22 AM   #1704
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilboBaggins View Post
I would like to share my reading experience on Kobo e-readers on Goodreads, like I am doing on my Kindle Oasis...
I do know that Goodreads is own by Amazon, but do you think it would be possible in the future ?
I really doubt it. To do it, Kobo would need to come to an agreement with Goodreads. And because of the Amazon involvement, I doubt that either side would be interested.

If you are a calibre user, you can use my Kobo Utilities plugin to get the reading status of the books and the Goodreads Sync plugin to update GR.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:28 AM   #1705
BilboBaggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I really doubt it. To do it, Kobo would need to come to an agreement with Goodreads. And because of the Amazon involvement, I doubt that either side would be interested.

If you are a calibre user, you can use my Kobo Utilities plugin to get the reading status of the books and the Goodreads Sync plugin to update GR.
Thank you so much for your answer, it is pretty normal, but I am happy not being a calibre user, too many complications to synchronise reading activity... I think implicity is the way to success, I don't have my PC all time with me and I prefer not to start my PC at evening to only synchronise my reading activity...
It's already a big effort using Adobe Digital Editions to put my not Kobo ebook in my ereader ...
Old 10-14-2019, 10:34 AM   #1706
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I hold my Kobo with my right hand most of the time. But givehn that I have the original H20, rotation is not an issue.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:41 AM   #1707
Svens
Enthusiast
Svens began at the beginning.

Device: Кіndlе5,NGL,PB650, KPW3,KPW4,KPW5, Kobo Aura One
My suggestion:
While we are in the ''Activity'' menu and see the statistics for the book we are currently reading, to be able to return directly to the book, by clicking on it. Unfortunately, now the only way to get back to the book is to go to the Main menu (or ''My books'') and select it.
Svens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:27 AM   #1708
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
have different brightness icon when light is completely off

Have different brightness icons when light is completely off and when it's on

Rationale for this suggestion: occasionally, when I'm in a completely dark room, I turn on the brightness from 0% to 1%. The next day, in the daytime, I read on my Kobo Forma forgetting that the brightness is on, and wading battery because I don't need the light at all in the daytime.

Maybe when brightness is completely off, the icon could be the same sun, but without the rays. I guess it'll look like just a circle.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:27 AM   #1709
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Have different brightness icons when light is completely off and when it's on

Rationale for this suggestion: occasionally, when I'm in a completely dark room, I turn on the brightness from 0% to 1%. The next day, in the daytime, I read on my Kobo Forma forgetting that the brightness is on, and wading battery because I don't need the light at all in the daytime.

Maybe when brightness is completely off, the icon could be the same sun, but without the rays. I guess it'll look like just a circle.
An indication that the light is off is probably a good idea. But, I don't think you will actually be able to tell the difference in battery runtime between having the light off and at 1%.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:37 AM   #1710
bonnerable
Connoisseur
bonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kobo Mini, Glo HD, Inkbook Prime HD, Kobo Libra
Comfort light auto adjust set to earlier than 9pm bedtime. In my phone & pc, the night mode setting is to specify the wakeup and bedtime (which i usually set at 7am & 7pm).
bonnerable is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo