Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2016, 05:33 AM   #1
snowbody
snowbody began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
debian / android dual boot OK (mini)

I managed to dual boot android or linux on the kobo mini.
Technical detail can be found here :
https://github.com/najnesnaj/kobo-mini-dual-boot

Basically you start the kobo mini in android or linux and if you want to switch, you have to execute a script. This script just copies 10MB of data to the first sectors of a 16 G sd card.

There is still a VFAT partition available but you have to mount it manually (explained in README)

I'm fully aware that this is not a very elegant solution.

Under the linux-2.6.35.3-dev-12.20 directory which can be found on the baidu website is an example for a menu driven boot/selection
snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:05 PM   #2
uipe
uipe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Is android usable on the mini ?
uipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2016, 08:23 AM   #3
snowbody
snowbody began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
I'm not sure what you mean by usable?
It comes pre-installed with quite a few apps. (bookreaders, games ....), and they are very usable indeed.
Android version is 2.3
snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:04 PM   #4
uipe
uipe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Application transition etc etc, I am asking this cause everywhere I have read says that kobo mini is too underpowered for android and that was the reason no one picked it up in the past.
uipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:12 AM   #5
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Aura One,HD,H2O,Touch,Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
When I boot it according to your instructions the screen is upside down and, more importantly, the touch screen is inversed as well, i.e. touching in one area results in a touch event in a completely different area. How did you overcome that? Do I edit some config files in the rootfs?

I am referring to Debian Linux (not Android) booting on Kobo Mini.
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert