Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-23-2020, 07:41 PM   #1
halloleo
Groupie
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: iPad
How to regex bulk update the Title column from another column?

In the regex bulk update dialog I found how to use one column (say, the custom column #import_filename) to set another column (the destination column).

And in the dialog's Destination dropdown I found many columns, e.g. the title sort column, but not the normal Title column which is displayed in the book list.

How can I update the Title (not title sort!) column from a regex?
halloleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:47 PM   #2
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It is there, two places after the title_sort, which is out of position and sometimes make things confusing.

Edit: The reason the title_sort is out of position is probably because fields are sorted by name and not label. The name of the title_sort field (in the field metadata) is sort, so it appears in the menu before tag and title.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	144
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	183548  

Last edited by capink; 11-23-2020 at 07:50 PM.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:51 PM   #3
halloleo
Groupie
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Thanks @capink! I could swear, that it was not there when I tried.

Will look at the list again tonight when I'm back at my calibre machine.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:30 AM   #4
halloleo
Groupie

You were totally right, @capink! I just had overlooked it because of teh starnge ordering...

Thanks that you bothered to tell my the obvious!
Old 04-07-2021, 05:56 PM   #5
GOROW
GOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo touch
Hello.
I found this thread and want to ask if somebody knows the name of the "sorted title" field in the CALIBRDB field list. i.e:
calibredb list --library-path "D:\EB_NEU" --separator \ --limit 500 --fields authors,author_sort,title,?title_sort? ....
I don't know the name for this field: ?title_sort?
Thanks for replys.
GOROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:40 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOROW View Post
Hello.
I found this thread and want to ask if somebody knows the name of the "sorted title" field in the CALIBRDB field list. i.e:
calibredb list --library-path "D:\EB_NEU" --separator \ --limit 500 --fields authors,author_sort,title,?title_sort? ....
I don't know the name for this field: ?title_sort?
Thanks for replys.
Check message #2 in this thread.

Quote:
Edit: The reason the title_sort is out of position is probably because fields are sorted by name and not label. The name of the title_sort field (in the field metadata) is sort, so it appears in the menu before tag and title.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:03 AM   #7
GOROW
GOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to beholdGOROW is a marvel to behold

Hallo David.
I tried this command:
"c:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibredb.exe" list --library-path D:\EB_VORRAT --separator { --fields authors,title,sort --line-width 2024 >D:\EB_VORRAT_INHALT.TXT
and the result is:
Unknown fields: sort
I think, CALLIBREDB does not knoe the fieldname "sort".
regards
Old 04-09-2021, 05:54 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOROW View Post
Hallo David.
I tried this command:
"c:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibredb.exe" list --library-path D:\EB_VORRAT --separator { --fields authors,title,sort --line-width 2024 >D:\EB_VORRAT_INHALT.TXT
and the result is:
I think, CALLIBREDB does not knoe the fieldname "sort".
regards
the sorted field is title_sort or author_sort
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:46 AM   #9
GOROW

hello theducks.
Sorry, but I tried to run the calibredb.exe from CMD. May there is no field in the calibre-database for sorted titles.

1st try; the field-list operand is:
--fields authors,author_sort,title,sort
and errormessage is:

2nd try; the field-list operand is:
--fields authors,author_sort,title,title_sort
and errormessage is:
Unknown fields: title_sort

regards Gorow
Old 04-13-2021, 12:01 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Well, title_sort is a valid field name (it IS available in the Bulk MDE) , but it may not be accessible from the CLI.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:27 AM   #11
GOROW

OK. I just want to inform about the output from field_list function of calibredb:

C:\Users\TEST>"c:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibredb.exe" set_metadata --list-fields ...

Titel Feldname

Autorensortierung author_sort
Autoren authors
Kommentare comments
Titelbild cover
Kennungen identifiers
Sprachen languages
Veröffentlicht pubdate
Verlag publisher
Bewertung rating
Serie series
Serie Index series_index