Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #3436
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Test Version Posted

2019-05-16
- Add 'publisher' metadata as a copy of 'site' and use to fill Publisher in Calibre.
- Fix title casing for base_xenforo feature capitalize_forumtags.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:26 PM   #3437
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version Posted

2019-05-18
- Fix for adapter_asianfanficscom site change.
- Update Translations
Advert
Old 05-19-2019, 04:27 PM   #3438
flamingsword108
flamingsword108 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Site Request

https://readnovelfull.com/
This is probably the best updating site for wuxia novels.
Wuxiaworld.online, and boxnovels are a close second.

I would like to request for support for https://readnovelfull.com/.
While other plugins like Web2Epub and LN crawl DO support this website, this is the only plugin that updates the existing epub through calibre, which is very important when you read stories that update daily.

While wuxiaworld.co is supported and it does have nearly all the same books as https://readnovelfull.com/, the site itself is not well maintained and several chapters are buggy.

Thank you
flamingsword108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #3439
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Can you please look into storiesonline? I keep getting asked to log in twice and then log says fail: "Failed to Login for URL."

I've been using this plugin for over a year and everything's good til last week. I'm using version 3.7.0

Thanks

Edit: silly me. I didn't download the test version...

Last edited by moredrowsy; 05-19-2019 at 05:01 PM.
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:02 AM   #3440
ceridwen
Enthusiast
ceridwen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Forgive me if this information is somewhere and I didn't find it: I looked through the wiki and searched this thread, but I may not have known the right place to look or the right search terms. I know internally FanFicFare calls a method self.story.setMetadata() that takes two arguments, a type of metadata and its actual value. Is there a way to just dump all the metadata as key-value pairs into a single custom column in Calibre? I know it's possible to put specific types of metadata (like fandom or relationship) into custom columns, but I really just want to dump all the metadata into a single column or an external file so I can use code to manipulate it, rather than creating a custom column for every possible key type in every adapter.
ceridwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2019, 03:10 AM   #3441
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but you can create a custom column like the comments one, to keep all your metadata. You just need to tell FFF which in column to add all the info.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #3442
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

multi-reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingsword108 View Post
I would like to request for support for ...
I'd like to direct your attention to this post a few days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceridwen View Post
... Is there a way to just dump all the metadata as key-value pairs into a single custom column in Calibre? ...
The "Saved Metadata Column" feature (FFF config Custom Columns tab) does almost exactly that. It requires a "Long Text" type custom column and saves the information in HTML that includes the metadata entry key name and type (default text) as tag attributes.

You can see the code that generates and reads that HTML here.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:53 AM   #3443
ceridwen
Enthusiast

Thanks! I created a custom column with the "Long Text" type, restarted calibre, and went to the drop down in the FanFicFare config under custom columns with the name of my name column. There are a lot of choices, from Category through FanFicFare version, listed, but I didn't see anything that looked like "Saved Metadata Column." Where should it be in the drop down? I tried updating FanFicFare from the version I had (3.7.0) to 3.7.18 and restarting Calibre again, it didn't seem to change anything. This is with Calibre 3.42 and on Linux, if it matters. Do I need to set something in the ini file to enable that functionality?
Old 05-21-2019, 01:56 AM   #3444
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

It's down at the bottom in the tab with custom columns.

See my attached screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Customize FanFicFare.png
Views:	152
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	171531  
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:26 AM   #3445
ceridwen
Enthusiast

I see it now. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2019, 01:59 AM   #3446
Sirius14
Sirius14 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Online app not working + request to support new site

The online conversion link isn't working.
It just says error503. Quota reached.
Can someone guide what to do about this.
Also
Can the developers please please add support for swoonreads.com
Sirius14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:10 AM   #3447
Sirius14
Sirius14 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Suggestions needed

Can someone suggest other sites/plugins like this to download stories from sites that aren't supported here. Esp swoonreads.com.?
Tia
Sirius14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:05 PM   #3448
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius14 View Post
The online conversion link isn't working.
It just says error503. Quota reached.
Can someone guide what to do about this.
Also
Can the developers please please add support for swoonreads.com
See the FAQ about web service quota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius14 View Post
Can someone suggest other sites/plugins like this to download stories from sites that aren't supported here. Esp swoonreads.com.?
Tia
swoonreads.com is specifically a site for writers to submit manuscripts they want to sell. I don't believe it is appropriate for FFF to download from swoonreads.com.

Please take any further discussion of downloading from swoonreads.com to private messages.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:44 AM   #3449
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I have spent waaay more time (including another hour today) than this corner case can justify trying to fit this into the existing system in way that both works 'as I expect to' and without breaking anything else. I give up.

It's not like there isn't already a way to do it, it's just not as efficient. Use 'Update EPUB always', or don't; it's your choice.
Pity but thanks for trying.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:33 PM   #3450
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 3.8.0 - 27 May 2019
- Fix for adapter_asianfanficscom site change.
- Update Translations
- Add 'publisher' metadata as a copy of 'site' and use to fill Publisher in Calibre.
- Fix title casing for base_xenforo feature capitalize_forumtags.
- Fix for adapter_storiesonlinenet not detecting login failure.
- Some fixes for Russian language adapter_masseffect2in.
- Fixes for adapter_quotevcom due to site changes.
- Removing filter()/map() calls--not consistent between Py2/Py3.
- Some Py3 compat / optimization fixes, thanks eschwartz
- Fixes for adapter_storiesonlinenet site changes--login and use datetime by default because one was missing date-only.
- adapter_finestoriescom shares code with adapter_storiesonlinenet, also do datetimes.
- Comment out some debugs in XF/XF2
- Yet another fix for tagsfromtitle on base_xenforo. Don't put whole title as a tag when no [( in title.
- Fix for base_xenforo's tagsfromtitle needing to be split.
- base_xenforoforum: include forumtags in genre and tagsfromtitle in category instead of including both in subject_tags.
- Don't hardcode extratags into subject tags--it's in include_subject_tags in defaults.ini.
- Refactor base_xenforoforum for upcoming XenForo2 update for SV.
- Fix for series contain 'collection from' adapter_storiesonlinenet.
- Fix for anthology titles (and generate cover settings) not needing encode() anymore.
- Fix for BS halping with string conversions on PI update from Saved Meta Column.
- More improvements for adapter_asianfanficscom, including auto_sub feature, thanks oh45454545
- Improvements for adapter_asianfanficscom, thanks oh45454545
- Update adapter_asianfanficscom to fetch chapter texts from JSON url.
- Ad wall indicator has changed for adapter_webnovelcom.
- Fix use_archived_author in AO3.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-27-2019 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Post correct release notes.

Tags
fanfiction