Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-09-2020, 07:44 PM   #1
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
"Can't Launch Reader App!" message with Android Calibre Companion

I'm getting a "Can't Launch Reader App!" message with Android Calibre Companion on my Samsung phone. I have tried restarting the phone, clearing the default reader app and re-selecting Moon+ Reader Pro v.5.2.7, uninstalling and re-installing Moon+, all to no avail. The Moon+ Reader Pro app does open when I tap on it and I can open the files within Moon+, just not from the Calibre Companion app. I'm not sure what I might've done to have changed the app from opening my ebook files as I've been using it for years.

Help?
and... thanks!

Last edited by copyrite; 04-09-2020 at 08:27 PM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What version Android?
The pain of unattended updates, is they can happen and you don't know until it may be too late (heading out the door for a trip )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:10 PM   #3
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Android 7.0 this is a Galaxy 6.

Ohhh. The Calibre companion app updated two days ago. $&#!*$&!!

Where do I find the previous release?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2020, 12:46 AM   #4
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Android 7.0 this is a Galaxy 6.

Ohhh. The Calibre companion app updated two days ago. $&#!*$&!!

Where do I find the previous release?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

We have not pushed an updated version of the app.

Copyrite, I believe you were on an old alpha group of testers. I did not migrate this old testing group of users off before moving a new build for Alpha.

I have removed you.

You should be able to navigate to the store and download the current production version no problem!
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:23 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
as folks are complaining about the moon link, may i register a long standing peeve with how moon & cc interract, in case new version can address it

its about path names.
because moon uses some simlink construct and Cc does not, one has the books at storage/emulated/0 and one has them at /sdcard. Even those those point to the same place ( sdcard is some sort of simlink) if confuses the recents list in moon.
When moon opens a book because CC asks it to, it records one version of the path, but when it open the same book via shelf or via my files, it records the other. so 2 database entries are created for the same book.
Thus you get 2 sets of last page read , bookmarks, annotations etc...
arguably its a moon problem, not a cc one but moon is not going to change its ways..

if a path could be typed into cc, rather than searched for, the paths could be make to match.
or maybe the issue goes away with a new CC using google's new method for files hand-off ?

it would be good if testers could look at this
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:00 AM   #6
copyrite
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
We have not pushed an updated version of the app.

Copyrite, I believe you were on an old alpha group of testers. I did not migrate this old testing group of users off before moving a new build for Alpha.

I have removed you.

You should be able to navigate to the store and download the current production version no problem!
V5.4.4.1
last updated Apri 7, 2020
"Added this application to register BILLING for the aplication"

All is well in the world. I removed the beta, installed the previous production version v5.4.3.3 restored my previous settings and Moon+ opened.

Last edited by copyrite; 04-10-2020 at 05:04 AM.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:44 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
seems this "accidental release" has shown up a serious issue with moon reader - I trust that will be fully examined and fixed for next beta.
Moon reader is by far the most popular android reader app ( by play store downloads). if there is no easy workaround it will be a bit of a showstopper for a new CC not to be able to open a book in Moon.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #8
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
seems this "accidental release" has shown up a serious issue with moon reader - I trust that will be fully examined and fixed for next beta.
Moon reader is by far the most popular android reader app ( by play store downloads). if there is no easy workaround it will be a bit of a showstopper for a new CC not to be able to open a book in Moon.
Yes it will be addressed
Old 04-15-2020, 11:10 PM   #9
PMrev
Groupie

Confirmed Beta Version works on Moon Reader, sorry for the jump scare.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #10
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
I'm using 5.4.4.1 (392) and am having the same problem.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #11
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I'm using 5.4.4.1 (392) and am having the same problem.
The version for beta is:

5.4.4.6 (397).

It must be the old beta version code, please check the google play store for the most updated version of beta.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:03 PM   #12
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
The version for beta is:

5.4.4.6 (397).

It must be the old beta version code, please check the google play store for the most updated version of beta.
Not showing up for me...

kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:53 PM   #13
PMrev
Groupie

New Version is Out Now

The new version is out now.

It should now be available to everyone.

Please try there.