Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #1516
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
That series is on my TBL (to be listened) list. Now I wonder if I should remove it.
I read that's it's an award-winning series, so I keep hoping. I bought half-a-dozen of the audiobooks at once, because I tend to like to listen at work and can go through one a day (on a day with a lot of repetitive tasks). I might have been better off not doing them one after the other, though.

I'm not saying I haven't enjoyed them overall...but I have more than once groaned "oh, c'mon" at the phone (playing them on the Audible app on my phone).

I decided to take a little time off from the series to see if I'm less impatient with her after a small break in time. I generally enjoy historical mysteries with amateur sleuths, so I'm willing to give Molly a little more time.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:39 PM   #1517
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I read that's it's an award-winning series, so I keep hoping. I bought half-a-dozen of the audiobooks at once, because I tend to like to listen at work and can go through one a day (on a day with a lot of repetitive tasks). I might have been better off not doing them one after the other, though.

I'm not saying I haven't enjoyed them overall...but I have more than once groaned "oh, c'mon" at the phone (playing them on the Audible app on my phone).

I decided to take a little time off from the series to see if I'm less impatient with her after a small break in time. I generally enjoy historical mysteries with amateur sleuths, so I'm willing to give Molly a little more time.

lol I usually listen to several in the same series at once also. So I totally understand. And if people would stop calling my extension I could listen to more. So yes I am similar to you I can usually listen to 1 a day. On the weekends I almost get 2 full books in.

Currently listening to the Gaslight Mysteries. I am enjoying it. I like the later ones more. They have a full cast where the first 6 or 8 only have one person.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2018, 06:46 PM   #1518
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I caved and bought it.

What's the book?
Yasmine Galenorn's Whisper Hollow series. It's the heroine's BF. Her stupidity starts in book one and continues into book two.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #1519
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
which is one of the most popular summer titles in the U.S. for Romance right now is FREE at Amazon UK or Kobo UK.

Maybe a non U.S. person can add links but this book is very expensive here in the U.S. so I highly recommend you grab it.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:04 AM   #1520
lxpose
Connoisseur
lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kiss-Quotie.../dp/B0792L7HRN
lxpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2018, 11:37 AM   #1521
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
which is one of the most popular summer titles in the U.S. for Romance right now is FREE at Amazon UK or Kobo UK.

Maybe a non U.S. person can add links but this book is very expensive here in the U.S. so I highly recommend you grab it.

Sent from my XT1528
I'd buy it for that! I'm #76 on 17 copies at my local library. One of these days...
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:46 AM   #1522
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'd buy it for that! I'm #76 on 17 copies at my local library. One of these days...
Time to take a trip to the UK don't forget to stop at Kobo while you're there. I was even farther in line at my library with only one copy.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 06-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #1523
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
I just got notification yesterday that the book is waiting for me at the library! I know what I'll be reading this weekend.

My library doesn't tend to carry much romance because it isn't in demand here, but they do usually get the popular ones by the Big 5 publishers. On the flip side, because there isn't as much demand, the hold line doesn't tend to be very long.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #1524
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Time to take a trip to the UK don't forget to stop at Kobo while you're there. I was even farther in line at my library with only one copy.

Sent from my XT1528
My Kindle needs a passport! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I just got notification yesterday that the book is waiting for me at the library! I know what I'll be reading this weekend.

My library doesn't tend to carry much romance because it isn't in demand here, but they do usually get the popular ones by the Big 5 publishers. On the flip side, because there isn't as much demand, the hold line doesn't tend to be very long.
Maryland's Overdrive has been highly advertised in the last year consequently the wait times for most titles has increased. Sometimes I'll look to see what's available in various genres that might appeal to me while waiting for holds.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #1525
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
My Kindle needs a passport! LOL
It's called Calibre. I find traveling with Kobo much easier than a Kindle. Not that I ever traveled with Kindle I prefer Kobo. lol

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 06-23-2018, 05:57 PM   #1526
copyrite
Wizard

There's always Google. I have survey credit built up there if I get impatient. Then I use Calibre!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2018, 10:01 PM   #1527
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Deadly Sins (Mindhunters #6) by Kylie Brant (A-/5 stars)
  • Chasing Evil (Circle of Evil #1) by Kylie Brant (B+/4 stars)
  • Touching Evil (Circle of Evil #2) by Kylie Brant (B/4 stars)
  • Facing Evil (Circle of Evil #3) by Kylie Brant (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 6-24.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	164644  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:54 AM   #1528
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Harlequin 50% off digital or print

Happy Friday!
Enjoy 50% off site-wide! Enter code FRIDAY50 to get your discount!
Valid until June 29, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:34 AM   #1529
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Guilty as Sin is the first in the Sinful, Montana series by Rosalind James. I really like James's Escape to New Zealand series, and have also read and liked this one, although a smidge less than the New Zealand ones. Still, it's free right now at Kindle US, so what's to complain about? I had read it on KU, and now am happy to snag it for free...

link: https://www.amazon.com/Guilty-Sin-Si...dp/B07643Q625/

Spoiler:
Quote:
There are secrets. There are sinful secrets. And then there's switching places with your twin.

Paige Hollander and her identical twin Lily stopped switching places a decade ago. But Lily's run into trouble, and Paige is on leave from the SFPD, recovering from a traumatic shooting. It's not like she has anything better to do, and she remembers how to be feminine. Sort of. Anyway, it's selling lacy thongs in Sinful Desires and playing Heidi to Lily's goats for a week or two. How hard could it be?

For Jace Blackstone, idyllic Sinful, Montana, is the perfect escape. In this town, he's nothing but a reclusive, black-haired stranger with an Aussie accent and a bad attitude. Not the former pride of Australia's special forces, not a bestselling thriller writer, and not a man with no more faith in women. Right up until the day a mystery fan starts getting much too up-close and personal, and his neighbor comes back from her vacation with a personality change that knocks him sideways.

Suddenly, Sinful is looking downright dangerous. And the biggest danger of all might come in the form of flashing brown eyes, a rear view to stop a man's heart, and a wit sharp enough to slice him to the bone.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:04 AM   #1530
bluesapphires2k
Connoisseur
bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch, kindle paperwhite, kobo aura (ed 2)
Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles #1) by Ilona Andrews is $2.99. It's a fun series.

Spoiler:
This is a short novel, about 60,000 words.
On the outside, Dina Demille is the epitome of normal. She runs a quaint Victorian Bed and Breakfast in a small Texas town, owns a Shih Tzu named Beast, and is a perfect neighbor, whose biggest problem should be what to serve her guests for breakfast. But Dina is...different: Her broom is a deadly weapon; her Inn is magic and thinks for itself. Meant to be a lodging for otherworldly visitors, the only permanent guest is a retired Galactic aristocrat who can’t leave the grounds because she’s responsible for the deaths of millions and someone might shoot her on sight. Under the circumstances, "normal" is a bit of a stretch for Dina.
And now, something with wicked claws and deepwater teeth has begun to hunt at night...Feeling responsible for her neighbors, Dina decides to get involved. Before long, she has to juggle dealing with the annoyingly attractive, ex-military, new neighbor, Sean Evans—an alpha-strain werewolf—and the equally arresting cosmic vampire soldier, Arland, while trying to keep her inn and its guests safe. But the enemy she’s facing is unlike anything she’s ever encountered before. It’s smart, vicious, and lethal, and putting herself between this creature and her neighbors might just cost her everything.

Amazon US
Kobo
bluesapphires2k is offline   Reply With Quote