Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-24-2016, 12:10 AM   #1
renerelire
renerelire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 keyboard Wi-Fi SN: B008 xxxx xxxx xxxx
Go to full definition directly Kindle Keyboard

Hi!

I'd like to have a way to make my Kindle Keyboard showing me, right away, the full definition when I put the text-cursor in front of a word without showing me the incomplete definition. I search for word full definition several times per page and this extra and unnecessary step slows me and bothers me to much.

Furthermore, the incomplete definition is to small for me to read. If at least I could make its text bigger and longer...

Have a good reader experience, everyone!
renerelire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Did you search or just re ask your question?
Is your kindle keyboard jailbroke?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
This might help:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=370

At least post in that thread, where the author can find your questions.

Last edited by knc1; 05-24-2016 at 11:17 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:29 PM   #4
renerelire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Did you search or just re ask your question?
Is your kindle keyboard jailbroke?
If you don't understand my English, just tell me...

I had search before and after posting this question the first time in may 23th, 23:08.

I even search with not big expectation after your suggestion to come here. So this last search didn't last 30 minutes because if I didn't find anything on the mobileread forum, why would I search again?

I even search something like that before posting in Apr 2nd, 2014, 09:05.

My kindle keyboard has been jailbroke for maybe 2 years but, few days ago, I tried to uptade the firmware and since my Kindle was restarting by itself few times so I put it to factory setting. Maybe I had to deactivate something before trying to update.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:34 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your English is fine.
I didn't know you had done a previous search. I sent you to this particular forum of MobileRead, because if there had been an answer to your question it would be here.
And I noticed that knc1 linked you to a specific thread for help for your question.

Now please clarify, you did a factory reset.
This may be bad news.
I am not sure since you have a non-touch kindle.
I hope one of the others here can answer this one.

Oh on that firmware update: you will now have to do it manually.
Advert
Old 05-25-2016, 03:03 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renerelire View Post
If you don't understand my English, just tell me...
We can read your English, but we can't read your mind.
I can not find where you wrote what efforts you made to find the answer yourself.

Note:
It is impossible to prove a negative, in any language.
All you can prove is that your search attempts failed.

Quote:
I put it to factory setting.

Maybe I had to deactivate something before trying to update.
Not a good thing to do.
That does nothing to changes that had been made to the system image.
It is modifications to the system image that can cause problems with the devices that do incremental updates.

You had to un-install, not just deactivate, all changes that you had made.

= = = =

When you try to install an Amazon update, if it fails, it should display an error code.
We can't see over your shoulder, tell us what the error code is.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:48 AM   #7
renerelire

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
This might help:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=370

At least post in that thread, where the author can find your questions.
Thanks
I'll check that, it seems interesting effectively.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:51 AM   #8
renerelire

Quote:
Your English is fine.
I didn't know you had done a previous search. I sent you to this particular forum of MobileRead, because if there had been an answer to your question it would be here.
And I noticed that knc1 linked you to a specific thread for help for your question.

Now please clarify, you did a factory reset.
This may be bad news.
I am not sure since you have a non-touch kindle.
I hope one of the others here can answer this one.

Oh on that firmware update: you will now have to do it manually.
After I made my Kindle Keyboard being restored like when I bought it, it was working perfectly well but I wanted it to be up to date. So I WiFi connected it and the update has been made. I never use the WIFI, but now then, I'll make the updated this way.

For the search thing, I just didn't understand why you suddenly ask if I had made search, because on your first help message you didn't mentioned it. That's why I was confused. Thanks for your interest.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:49 AM   #9
renerelire

Quote:
We can read your English, but we can't read your mind.
I can not find where you wrote what efforts you made to find the answer yourself.

Note:
It is impossible to prove a negative, in any language.
All you can prove is that your search attempts failed.

Not a good thing to do.
That does nothing to changes that had been made to the system image.
It is modifications to the system image that can cause problems with the devices that do incremental updates.

You had to un-install, not just deactivate, all changes that you had made.

= = = =

When you try to install an Amazon update, if it fails, it should display an error code.
We can't see over your shoulder, tell us what the error code is.
Thanks for your help.

For the search thing, I just didn't understand why Cinisajoy suddenly ask if I had made search, because on his first help message he didn't mentioned it. That's why I was confused. Normally I guess that you just ask someone you don't already know what he has done, tried, search to achieve his goal. In my case, I learned almost all my English searching things to achieve mines. When I want to learn something, I don't like to write in a forum because I want my answers right away. So I search until I'm literally exhausted. After a while I search again. After weeks or months, I force myself to ask for help in an forum.

I didn't write any detail about my updating experience because, after the resetting of my Kindle Keyboard, it was working perfectly. I just explained why my Kindle Keyboard wasn't jailbreak anymore. Anyway, now it is up to date.

So before every update I will have to uninstall what I have install on my Kindle Keyboard and reinstall those things after the update?
Old 05-26-2016, 08:07 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
- - - -
So before every update I will have to uninstall what I have install on my Kindle Keyboard and reinstall those things after the update?
That is the only safe advice that can be given for a keyboard device.

Those devices use an incremental update system of individual files and the updater does not have any "backtrack and un-do" facility if an error is encountered.
Which leaves the device with a partially updated (and usually broken) set of files.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:28 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
With the exception of all my stuff, which do handle official updates properly .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:30 PM   #12
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
After I made my Kindle Keyboard being restored like when I bought it, it was working perfectly well but I wanted it to be up to date. So I WiFi connected it and the update has been made. I never use the WIFI, but now then, I'll make the updated this way.

For the search thing, I just didn't understand why you suddenly ask if I had made search, because on your first help message you didn't mentioned it. That's why I was confused. Thanks for your interest.
I asked if you had searched this particular forum because you asked the exact same in this thread as in the one you originally asked in. I know because I sent you to this particular forum and I knew as knc1 later linked for you that there was a thread over here for your question.
That is why I asked.

Mobileread in itself is quite large. That is why there are forums dedicated to pretty much everything and a few have sub-forums. Like the one I led you too which is this one.

Oh and one other minor detail, I am not a He. Though if you can't see me, I frequently get mistaken for a guy.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #13
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
- - - -

Oh and one other minor detail, I am not a He.
Though if you can't see me, I frequently get mistaken for a guy.
Indeed, your not the only one that frequents this technical forum.

- - - -

But gender distinctions seem to have very deep roots -
The 'drug puppies' -
The boy pup plays with a Tennis ball -
The girl pup plays with a stuffed toy.

I certainly didn't teach them that.

(and my youngest sister is was an auto mechanic.)
Old 05-26-2016, 03:30 PM   #14
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Indeed, your not the only one that frequents this technical forum.

- - - -

But gender distinctions seem to have very deep roots -
The 'drug puppies' -
The boy pup plays with a Tennis ball -
The girl pup plays with a stuffed toy.

I certainly didn't teach them that.

(and my youngest sister is was an auto mechanic.)
How are the little darlings?
And your sister rocks.
Given my choice of being in a "smelly" bathroom putting on makeup and doing our hair with the girls, or being under the hood of a car with the boys, give me the boys any day. I might learn something useful.
Did just that, shocked the guys at first but they accepted me and said great.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
How are the little darlings?
- - - - -
Doing what puppies do best - eat and grow.

My neighbor, the 'dope head', is still letting them run stray.

Dogs only have three interests (3F):
*) Feed
*) Frolic
*) Fornicate
These are still too young for that last interest.

Still having lots of "open window and open door" weather here.
And puppies can get away with running into anyone's house.

They bring the 'toys' they find while running loose over to my yard still -
The other day, they brought a plastic bag of white powder.
Did someone loose their powdered sugar?
Or maybe their flower?

I wasn't interested in finding out - bag went into trash fire with the rest of the day's trash.

Last edited by knc1; 05-27-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Tags
dictionary, font size definition, kindle keyboard