Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-18-2024, 12:44 PM   #1
mrducking
mrducking began at the beginning.

Device: K4, Kindle 8th, K3
Help Unbricking Kindle 4 after factory reset

Story time:
I recently did a factory reset to my K4 after finally changing the screen.
It got stuck on the restart, with the image of the tree and never going over 1/4- 1/5 of the loading bar.
I applied the Kubrick tool after reading and rereading.
The process worked perfectly fine and there were no problems with the tool or during the process.
But after initiating the loading again, same problem.
As suggested, I repeated the process, with both ISOs provided with the tool.
Same problem.
After some more reading, opening the tool, checking the scripts and more threads reading, I found that it might be a problem with IIRC the temp file "drive", especially if there were a lot of collections (which is definitely the case).
The kindle once restarted is detected as usb device, and I can see the folders, using win 10.
So, options:
-Anybody familiar with Kubrick tool knows which scripts could I modify with the script to format and mount the temp drive?

-What would happen if once the diags are loaded on the kindle with kubrick I disconnect it so I can start from there following the existing instructions to fix the temp drive?
explanation: kubrick->load diags->disconnect->enable USBNet->connect via putty with win 10->go from there (having trouble to make the old process work with win 10)

-In case the recommendation is to use a Linux distro, which one would be the recommended one? I can use it, but I'm not as comfortable with terminal as with GUI, and I would really appreciate in this case some pointers for what libraries I will need.

-Last, and really the worst option for me, soldering cables and connect via TTL. Really last option for me this one, as I have never soldered this small, nor do I have the head needed for the solder. This is the nuclear option for me.

Before anyone says anything, yes, I read so much that my eyes are bleeding, but it took hours to parse the process from so many different threads and I'm not used to mobileread format.

Anyways, thanks in advance for any possible pointers.
mrducking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 04:17 AM   #2
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
I think you have the same problem as here. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=343789

Last edited by eddie.t.h; 03-27-2024 at 04:32 AM.
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert