Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #16
timwebb2
timwebb2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
now for sale in Argos at £69.99, bought one today and very happy with it.
timwebb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:52 AM   #17
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Is it Android, and if so do we know which variant?

TIA, Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 04:55 AM   #18
timwebb2
timwebb2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Hi,

no it is not Android.
I also have an Eken M001 (bought on ebay for £70 and this is Android version 1.6)
The Binatone looks somewhat like it but does not have wifi.
Support for the Binatone looks non existent on line .....

hope this helps.
timwebb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #19
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Thanks for taking the time. Idly looking for a cheap Android tablet to play with and wondered if this might fit the bill; guess not!

Cheers, Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
paganpete
paganpete began at the beginning.

Device: Binatone Readme Daily
You are right Tim - the binatone website link for ereaders is down and has been for weeks! Shame as it's not a monster at all, a good first ereader!
paganpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #21
Supine
BetaDoc
Supine began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600, iPod Touch
Just to confirm, it reads CHM? For that reason only I might buy one.

Edit: Trying to have a look at it on argos website, and ereaders under home entertainment> personal audio visual ...interesting!!

Last edited by Supine; 02-23-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Supine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #22
warren_pease
Diamond Geezer
warren_pease began at the beginning.

Device: readme
Hi, i can confirm that the Binatone (read me ereader), reads, txt, pdf, html, chm, rtf, fb2, epub, word, tcr, palm doc, open ebook, open reader and finally mobi, oh and it plays mp3 and h.264 and mpeg4 videos!
warren_pease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #23
readit
Enthusiast
readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.

Device: Binatone ReadMeClassic 6",TravelmateC110 10.4",HTC Wizard WinMobile
it's now £39...

The "BINATONE 2282 7" E-READER READ ME DAILY - COLOUR display"
...it's now £39 (..on eBay of course, plenty of them, not only one)

a quite fair review is here:

http://www.ketrin.co.uk/2011/06/18/r...reader-review/
readit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #24
vampspawn666
vampspawn666 began at the beginning.

Device: Binatone Read Me Daily
Hi i bought the Binatone read me daily today and i was wondering if anyone knew which micro SD cards and compatible with it as i wanted to buy a 16GB one but i want it to be compatible. Oh and when i charge my ereader the red charging light goes off after a couple of minutes, is this normal or is the product faulty.

Last edited by vampspawn666; 07-18-2011 at 03:20 PM.
vampspawn666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #25
underdunne
underdunne began at the beginning.

Device: kindle,
Think the red light needs to be on to indicate that it's charging.
underdunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #26
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdunne View Post
Think the red light needs to be on to indicate that it's charging.
Good to post, better to note dates of thread before resorting to necrophilia as this thread last posted to 18th July 2011...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #27
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Underdonne's third post. Happens to us all when we do a search and are able to contribute something even if we are still noobs. Dates aren't the first thing to catch our attention. Good for Underdonne that she wants to make a contribution. Welcome to MR.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #28
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Wouldn't touch it wiv a bargepole - no Touch screen, either, and I don't see any e-ink spec screen.
(Why would I want colour, anyway, especially if it's as badly made as most of their stuff...and non'existent Service help ? )
The link's given say the stock no's "can't be found" but "Seach" finds them at £49-99 already!.
Oops - gone down again I see, £39-99.

Only been out a few days and clearance prices already appearing ?

Mmmmm.....

Anyway, I've always found Argos to be among the dearest for about everything I've ever wanted, I don't bother looking anymore.
After all, someone has to pay for the £5 a week no interest deals on everything on sale, from sofas to ereaders.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #29
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
And, only just noticed - only 4 hours battery life, and just 400 books on main memory.......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #30
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Wouldn't touch it wiv a bargepole - no Touch screen, either, and I don't see any e-ink spec screen.
(Why would I want colour, anyway, especially if it's as badly made as most of their stuff...and non'existent Service help ? )
The link's given say the stock no's "can't be found" but "Seach" finds them at £49-99 already!.
Oops - gone down again I see, £39-99.

Only been out a few days and clearance prices already appearing ?

Mmmmm.....

Anyway, I've always found Argos to be among the dearest for about everything I've ever wanted, I don't bother looking anymore.
After all, someone has to pay for the £5 a week no interest deals on everything on sale, from sofas to ereaders.
"Only been out a few days..." Post 2 in thread concerned a purchase in November 2010... pretty long few days???

carpetmojo, it's a necro-thread revival!
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote