Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-08-2018, 12:14 PM   #31
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Note that it seems to be US only - I don't see any price drops in the UK store.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #32
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
My mistake, it was a one day sale yesterday. For some reason, ORM sends me these emails announcing sales in the middle of the afternoon, and I usually forget to check it in the evening.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #33
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Open Road is having a sale today, mostly $1.99, some $0.99 or $2.99 for omnibus.

SF & Fantasy
History
Mysteries & Thrillers
Literary/Historical fiction
True Crime/Horror
Romance
Drat! They've all gone back up in price--at all of the stores. I was late checking this thread. Well, I signed up for the newsletter, so maybe I can catch the deals earlier, from now on. It looked like there were some good ones in this sale, in the category that I checked.

Thanks for the post.

ADDENDUM: Someone mentioned, maybe three years ago, that if a price has gone up at one store, to check another one. Seems that some of the stores increase their prices later in the day, than others, maybe having to do with where their headquarters is, or something. I think that ATDrake was the one who mentioned it to me, but I might be mistaken . . . .

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-08-2018 at 06:34 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:03 PM   #34
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Drat! They've all gone back up in price--at all of the stores. I was late checking this thread. Well, I signed up for the newsletter, so maybe I can catch the deals earlier, from now on. It looked like there were some good ones in this sale, in the category that I checked.

Thanks for the post.

ADDENDUM: Someone mentioned, maybe three years ago, that if a price has gone up at one store, to check another one. Seems that some of the stores increase their prices later in the day, than others, maybe having to do with where their headquarters is, or something. I think that ATDrake was the one who mentioned it to me, but I might be mistaken . . . .

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Kobo tends to raise the price back to the regular price earliest, I think around midnight Eastern Time, possibly midnight Atlantic Time, and Amazon tends to raise the price 3-4 hours later, at midnight Pacific Time, and the other major retailers raise the price somewhere in between. If you price-match at Kobo, you can sometimes use this to get a 10% discount (in store credit) by price-matching Amazon or B&N after Kobo reverts to the regular price.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:00 PM   #35
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Kobo tends to raise the price back to the regular price earliest, I think around midnight Eastern Time, possibly midnight Atlantic Time, and Amazon tends to raise the price 3-4 hours later, at midnight Pacific Time, and the other major retailers raise the price somewhere in between. If you price-match at Kobo, you can sometimes use this to get a 10% discount (in store credit) by price-matching Amazon or B&N after Kobo reverts to the regular price.
Excellent. Just the information that I wanted.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:36 PM   #36
bgalbrecht
Wizard

I received another email from Open Road announcing hundreds of mysteries on sale (this time, it's actually today, and the ebooks are still on sale ), and here's a link to the webpage announcing it.

However, I am more of a SF reader, and it looks to me that there's a bunch of SF/Fantasy on sale too, from authors like Brian Aldiss, John Brunner, Dave Duncan, Andre Norton, and many more. I searched at Kobo for Open Road SF/Fantasy from $1.25 to $3, and while there are a few public domain titles showing up, there's probably about 200 SF/F books from the 50s and later on sale.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #37
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I just really, really wish that Open Road would have these sales in Canada. I like a number of the authors who have listed their back catalogs with Open Road. (Dave Duncan foremost amongst them.)
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:15 PM   #38
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
The SF/Fantasy offers can be found here https://theportalist.com/may-sff-sal...term=The%20Alt.

You can also sign up for a daily email for cheap deals.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:38 PM   #39
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Here are all of the categories and URLs for today's sale:

Literary and Historical Fiction from Early Bird Book
https://earlybirdbooks.com/may-fiction-sale

Mysteries and Thrillers from Murder & Mayhem
https://murder-mayhem.com/may-mystery-sale

Science Fiction and Fantasy from The Portalist
https://theportalist.com/may-sff-sale

History and Biography from The Archive
https://explorethearchive.com/may-history-sale

Romance from A Love So True
https://alovesotrue.com/may-romance-sale

True Crime and Horror from The Line Up
https://the-line-up.com/may-true-crime-sale
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #40
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
I got another email today (5/16/2018) for another big batch of books on sale, today only. Use the same links as before, though this email didn't have a link for True Crime and Horror. I still didn't find anything I needed that I didn't already have. YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
Here are all of the categories and URLs for today's sale:

Literary and Historical Fiction from Early Bird Book
https://earlybirdbooks.com/may-fiction-sale

Mysteries and Thrillers from Murder & Mayhem
https://murder-mayhem.com/may-mystery-sale

Science Fiction and Fantasy from The Portalist
https://theportalist.com/may-sff-sale

History and Biography from The Archive
https://explorethearchive.com/may-history-sale

Romance from A Love So True