Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-10-2016, 03:40 AM   #136
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by esfandiyar2002 View Post
Three questions to ask:

External micro SD card support?

Battery run time and specification(mAh)?

Wi-Fi capability?

I am not sure,but my sixth sense tells me that this is most probably is the Netronix 13.3 inch prototype screen for e-readers,shown last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-SnpwAsIYc

Have a look at second 31!
External SD Card is supported: Micro SD (up to 32G)
Battery is 4000mah and I'm still doing my runtime tests. After some days of testings the battery still by 90%
WiFi /Bluetooth are available: WIFI, 802.11b/g + Bluetooth 4.0
It is definitely not a Netronix 13.3 prototype. Netronix is a company from Taiwan and Onyx from Guangdong. And if you compare specs you will see many differences.

Last edited by Booxtor; 02-10-2016 at 03:43 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:50 AM   #137
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Netronix is a company from Taiwan and Onyx from Guangdong. And if you compare specs you will see many differences.
Hi Booxter,

What is the reason that Onyx didn't produce a Dual Touch Boox Max?
Is it due to cost and is there a possibility of dual touch screen device in 13.3 inch size ?

Boox Max is the best device right now, but dual touch screens would have made it perfect. Turning pages and doing basic tasks like dictionary lookup are very convenient using hands.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:10 AM   #138
esfandiyar2002
Enthusiast
esfandiyar2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyzjqk View Post
Personally, I don't buy any E-ink reader which reflective light is not the only way to illuminate the reading area. That is the goal of E-ink.
Agreed,but this is different than Front light!The assumption is that you have no light for night reading,no inside-out reflective light,like a tablet!Only natural light reflection would be enough.

Quote:
Health for your eyes. Otherwise, why not buy a tablet!?
Well,in the absence of good e-readers with a large E-screen,tablets pushed them back.But now,with this 13.3 inch device the condition will be changed in favour of the e-readers.

I will also buy Ipad Pro 13 inch soon.Personally,the age of small toys from 6 to 8 inch screens will be registered in gadget history!
esfandiyar2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:12 AM   #139
esfandiyar2002
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
It is definitely not a Netronix 13.3 prototype. Netronix is a company from Taiwan and Onyx from Guangdong. And if you compare specs you will see many differences.
Thanks Booxter,just let us know here when it's available to purchase in your store.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:00 AM   #140
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Personally, I don't buy any E-ink reader which reflective light is not the only way to illuminate the reading area. ...
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Currently, eink is an opaque technology, so whatever lighting source you use it is going to be reflective?

I would hope that whatever lighting is provided, it would be able to be turned off. Although, I would take lighting that can't be turned off over no lighting at all.

Quote:
That is the goal of E-ink. Health for your eyes. Otherwise, why not buy a tablet!?
I'm not going to get sucked into this debate.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #141
esfandiyar2002
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

I'm not going to get sucked into this debate.
Bingo bro ,When there is no intention to buy a device by someone for any personal reason,every justification(Even not to the point!) comes afterwards to convince oneself and others!

I have waited for too long,and I had many debates with toy holders(Six inches)to answer their question why I am not happy with small inches.Now the time comes for large screen lovers,make room please!
Old 02-10-2016, 10:15 AM   #142
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I have waited for too long,and I had many debates with toy holders(Six inches)to answer their question why I am not happy with small inches.Now the time comes for large screen lovers,make room please!
Small-screen devices are good for fiction; large-screen devices are good for academic PDFs, magazines, page-scans, and many other types of document. There's room in the market for both. I have - and use - both. It's really not a question of having to choose one or the other.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:39 AM   #143
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Personally, I don't buy any E-ink reader which reflective light is not the only way to illuminate the reading area. That is the goal of E-ink. Health for your eyes. Otherwise, why not buy a tablet!?
Nope. The gola is to emulate and improve the book experience.

I don't like all kinds of (internal) light. And if you try to read on a tablet for several hours a day you know that it is a 'pain in the ***'.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #144
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
And if you try to read on a tablet for several hours a day you know that it is a 'pain in the ***'.
That's very much a personal matter. I can read for several hours on my iPad with no problems at all. The important thing is to find something that works for you. Doesn't matter what anyone else's experience is - yours is the one that matters.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:16 PM   #145
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's very much a personal matter. I can read for several hours on my iPad with no problems at all. The important thing is to find something that works for you. Doesn't matter what anyone else's experience is - yours is the one that matters.
Yes, it is a personal matter but a large fraction of people do prefer to read on an e-ink device.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:24 PM   #146
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes, it is a personal matter but a large fraction of people do prefer to read on an e-ink device.
I completely agree. I prefer to read fiction on an eInk device myself, but for PDFs my preference is a tablet, because a significant proportion of the PDFs I read have colour illustrations.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:20 PM   #147
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
I don't like all kinds of (internal) light. And if you try to read on a tablet for several hours a day you know that it is a 'pain in the ***'.
I would not try to read fiction for leisure on an LCD tablet for several hours a day if I had a choice. Yet, I am using 23" LCD monitor together with a smaller one to work and entertain myself on PC at work at at home for 12 hours a day.

For reading I was using old LCD screens for ages. Up until Sony introduced the first e-ink reader that a mere mortal could buy outside Japan. Wow! THAT was something.

I have been reading on a non-lit e-ink for years and it was much, *much* better experience than old LCD displays on ancient notebooks and PDAs. When Paperwhite came to the market I got one. Wow! THAT was something.
I updated to a different brand when other manufacturers introduced frontlit e-ink several months later. Frontlit e-ink is in my eyes markedly better than non-lit one. I keep the light at a very low level. At about 5% most of the time, never more tnam 10%. Looking at the device you wouldn't even notice that it is lit. Only when I am switching it off I notice that the background immediately becomes much grayer. Backlit LCD or an [AM]OLED has to keep the level of backlight relatively high [in comparison with the ambient light], otherwise you do not see anything. With frontlit e-ink you need much lower level of light and you can still switch it off when you read on the beach or under a good, bright, halogen lightbulb. *And* you still have an option of cranking the light up to 11 when you want to finish that chapter while you are putting kids to sleep.

Have you ever tried using front-lit device for significant amount of time? Like a few weeks?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:57 PM   #148
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Max2/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
Quote:
Agreed,but this is different than Front light!The assumption is that you have no light for night reading,no inside-out reflective light,like a tablet!Only natural light reflection would be enough.

Well,in the absence of good e-readers with a large E-screen,tablets pushed them back.But now,with this 13.3 inch device the condition will be changed in favour of the e-readers.

I will also buy Ipad Pro 13 inch soon.Personally,the age of small toys from 6 to 8 inch screens will be registered in gadget history!
Ipad Pro is suck. It is difficult to access the ebooks from different sources like your NAS system and can not connect mouse as well. Why not just a surface pro 4?
phyzjqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:05 PM   #149
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Max2/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
Quote:
Bingo bro ,When there is no intention to buy a device by someone for any personal reason,every justification(Even not to the point!) comes afterwards to convince oneself and others!

You can check my previous post for Boox Max. I prepare $1500 for this one when Onyx released their specs. There were so wonderful features that many people as well as I really want. But right now they just keep a 13.3 inch screen with general android system. These two already kill SONY. But I have to wait for Boox Max+ with extra features at least dual touch screen,higher resolution and lighter. I still save for $1500. Maybe this one can push SONY upgrade their device with the features I mention. But I don't think SONY would use Android system.
phyzjqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:23 AM   #150
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
You can check my previous post for Boox Max. I prepare $1500 for this one when Onyx released their specs. There were so wonderful features that many people as well as I really want. But right now they just keep a 13.3 inch screen with general android system. These two already kill SONY. But I have to wait for Boox Max+ with extra features at least dual touch screen,higher resolution and lighter. I still save for $1500. Maybe this one can push SONY upgrade their device with the features I mention. But I don't think SONY would use Android system.

According to my most recent information, the second generation of Max (i.MX7, dual touch and HD screen) will not be available before 2017, since some parts are not available for mass production by suppliers like PVI or Freescale yet. The project depends also on general interest to the device like Max. I really hope we can make this device to standard device for educational purposes. We keep working on corresponding software optimisation.

Concerning our promises. Onyx made his earlier announcement according to promises of its suppliers, but it can not really push them to start mass production on time.

I would suggest you to invest a part of your 1500$ in the Max and the rest in the Max+ and don't wait until 2017. I am sure you will be delighted by this device like I am.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote