Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
Al Adams
eBook Reader Nut
Al Adams began at the beginning.

Device: NookSimple Touch & 5 Android Tablet(s), & Personal Computer...
Smile Calibre latest Update - calibre 3.2.1 64bit version

After Calibre latest Update - calibre 3.2.1 64bit version

Not Fond of the Virtual Library Highlighted Box Missing for the Vision Impaired among us !!

Two Different Views - Please Consider Going Back to the Highlighted Box Version of the Virtual Library View - it Actually Looks Cleaner and Clearer for Vision Impaired among us !! Thanks ... See The Two Pictures ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Not Fond of the Virtual Library Highlited Box Missing 1.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	157748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Not Fond of the Virtual Library Highlited Box Missing 2.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	157749  
Al Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I run with the Virtual Library TABS not hidden (remove the tick on the menu)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2017, 12:18 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Al Adams - I suggest you don't have a VL selected - i.e. you're looking at All Books, look in the Window Title it's also shown there -- this is what I see

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	157750

IIRC in V2 there was a tweak to do the highlighting, but I can't find it in V3 - I had it set to 'transparent' so I hadn't noticed its absence 'til now.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:15 PM   #4
Al Adams
eBook Reader Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Al Adams - I suggest you don't have a VL selected - i.e. you're looking at All Books, look in the Window Title it's also shown there -- this is what I see

Attachment 157750

IIRC in V2 there was a tweak to do the highlighting, but I can't find it in V3 - I had it set to 'transparent' so I hadn't noticed its absence 'til now.

BR
I See the Same Thing Your Seeing, but it is ( The Way We See it ) LESS CLEAR to the Vision Impaired - We Need the Way it Was for Correctly Noticing of YES I Have a Virtual Library OPEN - Simple ! Yes ... Big Changes Like this Affect Many Folks like Myself ...
Old 07-06-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Adams View Post
I See the Same Thing Your Seeing, but it is ( The Way We See it ) LESS CLEAR to the Vision Impaired - We Need the Way it Was for Correctly Noticing of YES I Have a Virtual Library OPEN - Simple ! Yes ... Big Changes Like this Affect Many Folks like Myself ...
I suggest you lodge a bug report at ==>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre

Moderator Notice
And please don't shout, this is a community forum where the responders are users who give of their time freely, just as Kovid makes his software available freely.

If you shout at people they are likely to put you in their ignore list.

BR
Advert
Old 07-06-2017, 07:29 PM   #6
Al Adams
eBook Reader Nut

OK - But That Doesn't Help with the Vision Impairment issue ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I run with the Virtual Library TABS not hidden (remove the tick on the menu)
OK - But That Doesn't Help with the Vision Impairment issue .. I Can do that too - Doesn't Help with what I was Trying to Correct for Clearer Vision Needs ??? - Your Virtual library TABS not Hidden - Doesn't Help Me at All ??? Sorry but that Hint was Useless to Me ....
Old 07-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #7
Al Adams
eBook Reader Nut

Sorry I Was Not intending to Appear as Shouting - needed the ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I suggest you lodge a bug report at ==>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre

And please don't shout, this is a community forum where the responders are users who give of their time freely, just as Kovid makes his software available freely.

If you shout at people they are likely to put you in their ignore list.

BR
.. Sorry I Was Not intending to Appear as Shouting - but I needed the emphasis on those words as it appeared that My intent of My concern was not being understood correctly ... ??? Still not Sure if it is understood, yet ???

I Don't know if this falls under a Bug Report ??? - But it Should be Changed Back to having the Box Around the Virtual Library when one of those Virtual Libraries is OPEN - for the Vision issue at least ... ie - I use a Black Screen with Yellow & Blue with White Font Settings for My OverDrive Public Library Usage See Pic ... Example ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	OverDrive Sample Black Screen Yellow & White Capture.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	157759  
Old 07-06-2017, 09:30 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

In version 2 the VL name could be highlighted, which is what your first post shows. As I explained that was controlled by a tweak, which is absent from V3. If you submit a bug report the highlight box will either be put back as it was, or you will be a given a reason why it can't.

BR
Old 07-06-2017, 10:57 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The highligh box was put there originally because the VL feature was new and I did not want people to get confused by it. THat is no longer the case, so I'm afraid it is not going to be restored.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:47 PM   #10
Al Adams
eBook Reader Nut

I May be Forced to Go back to a Previous Version and Not Do any updating in the future - I Only updated because of a Perceived Bug - in the calibre Viewer/Reader - the update Didn't Correct the bug anyway ...