Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-31-2021, 10:18 AM   #1
drawson1
Connoisseur
drawson1 began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H20, Clara 2E
Cross-platform reader software recommendations

At the risk of starting a "emotional" discussion . . . I'm looking for reader software that meets the following criteria:
  1. Works on Kobo
  2. Works on Android
  3. Currently supported or under active development

My reading is primarily on my Kobo, but I will also read on my Android tablet under some circumstances. I've tried:
  • Cool Reader. This is my current default, but there are a few bugs, and there's been no active development for 3 years
  • KO Reader. Very successful on Kobo, but has a couple of major bugs on my Android tablet, primarly relating to screen rotation. According to the dev team, these are not fixable (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=343308)
  • FB Reader. Android only, but very successful on that platform

Any suggestions are welcome!
drawson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 04:01 PM   #2
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Calibre to remove DRM and covert to another format.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2021, 04:47 PM   #3
drawson1
Connoisseur
drawson1 began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H20, Clara 2E
That IS what I'm doing on the Linux side - all my library management is is Calibre.
drawson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:46 AM   #4
Moonbase59
Zealot
Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Vision 5, Tolino Tab 8"
Android: Librera
Linux: Calibre and/or Foliate

Just mention these (although not cross-platform) because they’re often overlooked.
Moonbase59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 10:01 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just curious as to what features you're looking for. For instance, do you want to see reading location synced, or library synced across the different platforms?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2022, 11:11 PM   #6
SilviasBooks
SilviasBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HD8
naja.....

ein normales Tablett mit verschiedenen LeseApps

Laptop
SilviasBooks is offline   Reply With Quote