Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-04-2021, 04:39 AM   #16
jonesyb
Enthusiast
jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
I should be able to register for a vaccine next week, and I feel very lucky that I can join another country's vaccination program, despite not being a citizen. I am in Turkey. They are making great progress here with it. If I was in Thailand where I was last year, there would be no chance.
jonesyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 11:50 AM   #17
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Well, went to my local Food Lion grocery store this morning ... employees still all masked, customers about 80% masked. Younger customers now unmasking.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2021, 11:57 AM   #18
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I see grocery store employees still masked but very few customers.

I worked most of the day yesterday at my old job (pharmacy) and none of the employees there mask. Maybe 25% of the customers were wearing masks.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 10:29 AM   #19
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Still wearing masks indoors. My bro takes two medications (Remicade, methotrexate) that are known to prevent developing antibodies. His doc will test him in late August pending information. They don't know if antibodies are delayed or if he will need another shot or what.

My cousin's son and I (both fully vaccinated) want to go to the movies. Since we can go to early shows, I can pick an empty theater and seating away from other people. Sadly, nothing of interest playing this week. There were a couple of movies last week but they conflicted with medical appoints. Sigh.

Last edited by Tarana; 07-05-2021 at 10:35 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:31 PM   #20
jonesyb
Enthusiast
jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.

Just got my first Pfizer shot in Turkey. Super fast. Only just registered on the government system this morning, then two hours later I was in the hospital only 2km walk away. I was given a choice of vaccines. Seems super efficient. I can see how they are vaccinating nearly 1 million people a day here.
Advert
Old 07-05-2021, 04:26 PM   #21
lizard-cooker
lizard-cooker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi
I've got my second pfizer shot in March. the pandemic has practically ended where I live, masks have briefly been optional indoors, but returned to be mandatory lately. So far the only trace of the pandemic here is masks, and having to be quarantined when you return from abroad.
lizard-cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:13 AM   #22
jonesyb
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard-cooker View Post
I've got my second pfizer shot in March. the pandemic has practically ended where I live, masks have briefly been optional indoors, but returned to be mandatory lately. So far the only trace of the pandemic here is masks, and having to be quarantined when you return from abroad.
I've been watching the vaccine progress in Israel. Very inspiring!
Old 07-06-2021, 02:30 AM   #23
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
My doctor called yesterday, they pulled my appointment for the 2nd vaccination ahead because I'll get Pfizer instead of Astra. The good news is that I'll get a better vaccination coverage, bad news is that I'll probalby have the worst side effects of both variants, after my first vaccination with Astra I felt super bad for a couple of days (cold shivers during the night were the worst).

Still, I'm super happy about this development, because I'll get my second shot next weeks Thursday already
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:07 AM   #24
lizard-cooker
lizard-cooker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi
Recently the health ministry of Israel said that due to recent variants the Pfizer vaccine efficacy at preventing infection dropped to 64%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
My doctor called yesterday, they pulled my appointment for the 2nd vaccination ahead because I'll get Pfizer instead of Astra. The good news is that I'll get a better vaccination coverage, bad news is that I'll probalby have the worst side effects of both variants, after my first vaccination with Astra I felt super bad for a couple of days (cold shivers during the night were the worst).

Still, I'm super happy about this development, because I'll get my second shot next weeks Thursday already
does Germany mix vaccine types?
lizard-cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:09 AM   #25
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard-cooker View Post
does Germany mix vaccine types?
If you were already vaxcinated with an mRNA type vaxcination, the 2nd shot would also be mRNA. Starting with July, the official recommendation for traditional vaxcination (aka Vaxzevria) is that the 2nd innoculation is done with an mRNA vaxcination for better covarage.

This recommendation follows recent studies from the Robert-Koch-Institute in Germany. Also, in my state (NRW) no new vaxcinations with Vaxzevria will be done due to poor coverage against the delta variant.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #26
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
My niece who had Covid last winter just went for her second vaccination and when she said she didn’t feel well, they tested her on the spot. She’s got it again, even though the evidence had said that just one shot would provide strong protection for those who’d had it.

I know she’s an outlier, but perhaps people need to think about their riskiest behaviors and dial them back/start taking precautions (i.e., wearing a mask) again, given how highly contagious the Delta variation is - and Lambda no doubt is coming.

Right now, there are fewer than five cases in my town and the market is never very busy, but that’s it for me in regard to shopping in more highly trafficked venues.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:18 PM   #27
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
And after lambda? Perhaps we have to keep in mind that COVID, like flu, is going to be with us for a long time. I think that, like flu, every year people will get sick with COVID. I know it's still early, and we need to take precautions (Spanish point of view, we have masks as mandatory, reduced venues and a lot of restrictions), but they will be have to be raised at some point, and if the point is cero cases, they will be with us forever.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:22 PM   #28
arjaybe
Wizard
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Got my second shot yesterday. The injection point is a little more sore than it was the first time, but that's it. The first one was Pfizer and this one was Moderna. Feels good to be done, but I'll still wear a mask to the grocery store today.
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:17 PM   #29
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
And after lambda? Perhaps we have to keep in mind that COVID, like flu, is going to be with us for a long time. I think that, like flu, every year people will get sick with COVID. I know it's still early, and we need to take precautions (Spanish point of view, we have masks as mandatory, reduced venues and a lot of restrictions), but they will be have to be raised at some point, and if the point is cero cases, they will be with us forever.
Yes, exactly. We have our own not so small share of Covid here (I live in the capital with population roughly half a million), but nevertheless most of the restrictions were lifted in June, because life must go on. I'm certainly not going to wear a mask, unless it's mandatory, and I've been going shopping, using public transport, had my hair cut etc. as usual this past year. I refuse to wall myself in and wait for the Apocalypse. Of course I've never gone out just for entertainment, as I dislike such things. But I've been running all my errands as usual and intend to continue to do so.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:26 PM   #30
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
My niece who had Covid last winter just went for her second vaccination and when she said she didn’t feel well, they tested her on the spot. She’s got it again, even though the evidence had said that just one shot would provide strong protection for those who’d had it.

I know she’s an outlier, but perhaps people need to think about their riskiest behaviors and dial them back/start taking precautions (i.e., wearing a mask) again, given how highly contagious the Delta variation is - and Lambda no doubt is coming.

Right now, there are fewer than five cases in my town and the market is never very busy, but that’s it for me in regard to shopping in more highly trafficked venues.
Did she become infected with the Delta variant? They don’t seem to have a good handle on Delta yet. Personally, I’ve never gone back to getting around crowds yet, nor going without a mask in public. It simply isn’t worth the risk to my health.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote