Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-15-2022, 08:03 PM   #871
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@bozokir69, @zrn, @Covertrobb: PM sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:14 AM   #872
zrn
zrn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thank you @davidfor for your PM.

How did you create this image, with dd tool? Was it done on a brand new Clara HD or already used in the past? Then it could contain your book history in some deleted recoverable files, even if you did a reset, or it might contain your serial number, I'm not sure though.

This is a good solution for us with bricked devices, thank you again.

Is there also a way to have an official image from Kobo directly?
zrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:28 AM   #873
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrn View Post
Thank you @davidfor for your PM.

How did you create this image, with dd tool? Was it done on a brand new Clara HD or already used in the past? Then it could contain your book history in some deleted recoverable files, even if you did a reset, or it might contain your serial number, I'm not sure though.
The image was created by someone else and supplied to me. I believe it was taken immediately after a factory reset and before doing the setup. It should not have any books or user details. The serial number has been changed.
Quote:
This is a good solution for us with bricked devices, thank you again.

Is there also a way to have an official image from Kobo directly?
Not that I know of. I think people have asked and had no response.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:40 AM   #874
X3rgi
X3rgi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara Hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@bozokir69, @zrn, @Covertrobb: PM sent.
Thank you...¡¡

now, can i put the .img in the card directly or i need format the card..??
X3rgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:43 PM   #875
BlurrSOAR
BlurrSOAR began at the beginning.

I've bricked my Clara HD. Is it possible that someone can provide me with an img?
BlurrSOAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:51 PM   #876
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:27 PM   #877
Covertrobb
Covertrobb began at the beginning.

@davidfor
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the image! The Clara HD works again thanks to you
Covertrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM   #878
irialala
irialala began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi, I've bricked my Clarahd.
is it possible that someone can provide me with an img ?
irialala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #879
Watchet60
Watchet60 began at the beginning.

Hello, mine is bricked too
Is it possible to have the Clara Hd image?

So many thanks
Watchet60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #880
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Watchet60, @irialala: PM sent.
Old Today, 03:15 AM   #881
frKar
frKar began at the beginning.

Hi, my Kobo Clara HD was bricked

Is it possible to have the Clara HD image? Please help

So many thanks !!!
frKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:35 AM   #882
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@frKar: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.

Tags
frozen, image, issue