Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-20-2022, 07:30 PM   #226
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
All new Ultimate Manga Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotaflang View Post
I found this forum/thread after searching for a way to rent manga on kobo (havent found anything yet), I was excited to see this but since it doesnt work on sage and I am not a developer of any sorts, I would be willing to pay someone to figure this out for all of us

Renting manga on a Kobo would require a more robust web browser under the current firmware. It doesn’t support HTTP AUTH, if I understand correctly. It’s the same reason why Pocket can’t load articles behind a paywall. There’s no way to authorize access. (I’m sure somebody will correct me if I’m wrong.)

Update: Here is a thread where they are home brewing the Kobo to run Firefox: KoBox, or how to run X.org and Firefox on your Kobo
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Hopefully, that Tapatalk link works for you.

~Dˢ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 05-21-2022 at 03:37 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:41 PM   #227
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilex View Post
Hi,

I rebuild all and worked on the qpa module. I managed to make it works for libra h20 first gen. May be it will fix for other device but I don't think so.

I have created a pull request

By the way.

- I have tested the pull request 58 it works. There still some manga that we couldn't get chapters.
- For src like mangatown, mangakalot, I can access to manga description but no image can be downloaded due to cloudflare protection. It would require to have a cloudflare client connection I believe.
- I have a bug when exiting the app I get sometimes black screen or the home resolution is messed.
Thanks for the PR, it's merged in
Cloudflare protection is VERY difficult to circumvent - luckily they just check for the Referer in the http header, which is can be added easily

Sometimes I also have the issue when exiting the app. My guess is that it's something bad happening when disconnecting from the wifi but I couldn't quite figure it out.
OfficerAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:44 PM   #228
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

New release

Release 2.15.0 is out!

Fixed manga sources.
Fixed several bugs.
Added compatibility with Kobo Libra H2O and possibly other models (thanks to kiwilex)

https://github.com/Rain92/UltimateMangaReader/releases
Old 05-22-2022, 05:55 PM   #229
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
I found this forum/thread after searching for a way to rent manga on kobo (havent found anything yet), I was excited to see this but since it doesnt work on sage and I am not a developer of any sorts, I would be willing to pay someone to figure this out for all of us
Try the latest release.
If it still doesn't work I and you are brave you could send your Sage to me.
I would take the time and fix it and send it back to you afterwards.
Old 05-23-2022, 06:17 AM   #230
kiwilex
kiwilex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
Thanks for the PR, it's merged in
Cloudflare protection is VERY difficult to circumvent - luckily they just check for the Referer in the http header, which is can be added easily

Sometimes I also have the issue when exiting the app. My guess is that it's something bad happening when disconnecting from the wifi but I couldn't quite figure it out.
Hi Officer,

I sync my git. Everything is working especially there is no more src manga issue. It's great.

Thanks a lot !
kiwilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:31 AM   #231
hotaflang
hotaflang began at the beginning.

Device: kobo sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Renting manga on a Kobo would require a more robust web browser under the current firmware. It doesn’t support HTTP AUTH, if I understand correctly. It’s the same reason why Pocket can’t load articles behind a paywall. There’s no way to authorize access. (I’m sure somebody will correct me if I’m wrong.)

Update: Here is a thread where they are home brewing the Kobo to run Firefox: KoBox, or how to run X.org and Firefox on your Kobo
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Hopefully, that Tapatalk link works for you.

~Dˢ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, I am looking into it now!
hotaflang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:33 AM   #232
hotaflang
hotaflang began at the beginning.

Device: kobo sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
Try the latest release.
If it still doesn't work I and you are brave you could send your Sage to me.
I would take the time and fix it and send it back to you afterwards.
I tried it, didnt work unfortunately, when i launch UMR from the nickelmenu it 'flashes' a few times then goes blank and gives me three dots (basically exits out immediately)
I might have to buy you a kobo sage someday, dm your address =]
hotaflang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:23 PM   #233
Aramir
Enthusiast
Aramir began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O & Glo & Glo HD
Ok just letting you know kiwilex.

The modifications you made on qtpa broke touch inputs for GloHD. I mean they were already broken but that didn't help .
Anyways I've made two PR
https://github.com/Rain92/qt5-kobo-p...-plugin/pull/8
https://github.com/Rain92/qt5-kobo-p...-plugin/pull/9

It works well on both my GloHD and Libra H2O.

Here's what it does :
- Fix touch inputs for any devices with ABS_MT_TRACKING_ID not starting at 0 (including Kobo GloHD)
- Keeps Sleep Cover events from being spammed when closed (shouldn't have any impact on UMR ?)
- Added failsafe to avoid sending malformed touch input events to Qt

So yeah if your reader doesn't seem to respond to touch inputs,
Please test this and let me know if it fixed / broke your devices.
  1. Get the new libkobo.so file at https://github.com/Aryetis/qt5-kobo-...KoboGloHDFixed
  2. Keep the old one somewhere safe and replace it with this one at :
    Code:
    .adds/qt-linux-5.15-kde-kobo/plugins/platforms
I'm not responsible if because of this your device catch on fire, if you break your toe tomorrow morning, nor for any kind of bad lucks. Be responsible and only do to your device what you understand.

EDIT : fixes are now merged with UMR. Don't bother replacing the libkobo.so file, just get the latest version.

Last edited by Aramir; 06-06-2022 at 05:42 PM.
Aramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:10 AM   #234
kiwilex
kiwilex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi Aramir,

Thanks to let me know about it.

I don't have a GloHD. And since you managed to make it works on both devices it's great. I will give a try to test your pr when I have some time.
Let's see also if it is working on Aura when Officer could have a try also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramir View Post
Ok just letting you know kiwilex.

The modifications you made on qtpa broke touch inputs for GloHD. I mean they were already broken but that didn't help .
kiwilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:37 PM   #235
brontbront
brontbront began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Do not try

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybandgeek View Post
Well this is weird. I thought I had rotation working, but apparently not. So with the newest build on the libra 2, it's treating the left of the screen as the top. I've tried all the different rotate settings in the QPA string and it doesn't seem to rotate/recognize any of them.

I've also tried playing with the QT_QPA_GENERIC_PLUGINS and QT_QPA_EVDEV_TOUCHSCREEN_PARAMETERS values. I did see the latter actually have an effect on the inputs, where I could actually get the rotation and invert correct with parameters set to the following:

export QT_QPA_PLATFORM="kobo:logicaldpitarget=108"
export QT_QPA_EVDEV_TOUCHSCREEN_PARAMETERS="/dev/input/event1:rotate=90:invertx=1"
export QT_QPA_GENERIC_PLUGINS="evdevtouch:/dev/input/event1"

the problem with these seemed to be that it wasn't always consistent, in that it was triggering extra inputs from locations closer to say the middle of the screen/selecting to open something. Looks almost like it's an every other type of thing, maybe two different "event#" things happening where one is rotated correctly now and the other isn't? But event1 is the only one I can seem to set of my various options (0-3, and mouse0) that actually gets it right some of the time.

At least if I can get to a book, I can read it and just use the buttons for navigation.

The other fun one is that when I have the above so it's mostly working, it looks like starting nickel back up after closing the app is causing a crash to where I have to put the kobotoot.tgz back in and reload nickel. So who knows there.

That's enough for tonight, I need some sleep before work tomorrow.
This solution actually broke my nickle installation (went through it twice to make sure this is what did it) so don't put these configuration options in. Can confirm that the Libra 2 rotation is currently not working though, only the x invert parameter is having an effect. Screen is rotated such that its top is on the left side of the screen, and x invert switches the left to the bottom instead.
brontbront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:18 PM   #236
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

New release

So a new release is out, mainly with Aramir's fixes. Thanks

Fixed an issue with touch inputs on the Kobo Glo HD and possibly other devices.
Fixed an issue where sleepcover events could be fired repeatedly.
Updated Qt, third party libraries and mangalists.

https://github.com/Rain92/UltimateMa...ses/tag/2.16.0
Old 06-08-2022, 03:53 PM   #237
Fozkas
Connoisseur
Fozkas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Hi guys,
Are there any videos showing it working? I'm very curious to try this but afraid of "not worth the effort" vs getting the manga in the pc as usual and just transferring it
Fozkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 11:05 PM   #238
lazybandgeek
lazybandgeek began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontbront View Post
This solution actually broke my nickle installation (went through it twice to make sure this is what did it) so don't put these configuration options in. Can confirm that the Libra 2 rotation is currently not working though, only the x invert parameter is having an effect. Screen is rotated such that its top is on the left side of the screen, and x invert switches the left to the bottom instead.
I'm just glad somebody is seeing the same types of things I am. Also I have gotten approximately zero time to fiddle with any of this because yay being an adult with too many things to do....
lazybandgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 06:08 PM   #239
camifran
camifran began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Sage
Quote:
I tried it, didnt work unfortunately, when i launch UMR from the nickelmenu it 'flashes' a few times then goes blank and gives me three dots (basically exits out immediately)
I might have to buy you a kobo sage someday, dm your address =]
Same issue with a kobo sage, newest firmware.
camifran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:51 AM   #240
reexe
reexe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura second edition
THX for still working this awesome app. I have used this app since the old depricated version, but the button named "Close" trips me up every time since its not placed in a spot where I would normaly think of finding a "Quit" button.

Would it be possible to rename "Close" button to "Quit"
reexe is offline   Reply With Quote