Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-20-2022, 07:28 AM   #1
CanidRot
CanidRot began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Exclamation Broken HTML post conversion?

I use Kindle exclusively on my ipad + desk mount due to being sedentary; just to clear up assumptions about device set up. I can't use a touchscreen or pad.

I'm slowly converting my books to KFX, minor edits of book cover, disable chapter detection. Nothing else. My books originally are mobi, epub, azw.

I've noticed that some books have errors scattered, between chapters, in headings. It's an eyesore & disrupting smooth reading. What am I doing wrong?is it an issue with conversion from, say, mobi or azw3? Chapters disabled?

EXAMPLES
  • iv class="also" aid="21"> (book text)
  • v class="fm4" aid="61">Copyright © (book text)
  • ass="pt" aid="A1"> (book text)
  • div id="tp" class="titlepage" aid="11"> < iv id="fip" aid="21">
  • id="itr" aid="51"> INTRODUCTION
  • ss="h2" id="ch01" aid="81"
CanidRot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 08:43 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
It looks like something is corrupting the HTML of the book. First check that book using the calibre book viewer to make sure that the problem does not exist in the source file being converted.

If that looks good see How to ask a question about conversion problems for information on how to get further help.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:19 PM   #3
CanidRot
CanidRot began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks!
CanidRot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidRot View Post
I use Kindle exclusively on my ipad + desk mount due to being sedentary; just to clear up assumptions about device set up. I can't use a touchscreen or pad.

I'm slowly converting my books to KFX, minor edits of book cover, disable chapter detection. Nothing else. My books originally are mobi, epub, azw.

I've noticed that some books have errors scattered, between chapters, in headings. It's an eyesore & disrupting smooth reading. What am I doing wrong?is it an issue with conversion from, say, mobi or azw3? Chapters disabled?

EXAMPLES
  • iv class="also" aid="21"> (book text)
  • v class="fm4" aid="61">Copyright © (book text)
  • ass="pt" aid="A1"> (book text)
  • div id="tp" class="titlepage" aid="11"> < iv id="fip" aid="21">
  • id="itr" aid="51"> INTRODUCTION
  • ss="h2" id="ch01" aid="81"
Do you have the original format of these eBooks so you can use that to convert to KFX?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken metadata, conversion, html code, html error