Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-04-2022, 01:05 PM   #1
Teeny
Enthusiast
Teeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle PW 11th
Best Settings for Mobi to Epub

So since Amazon is turning to ePub, deciding to screw over with the thousands books that readers have gathered through the years in mobi format, because now they own a pretty big chunk of the e-ink and tablet market I need the best settings possible to convert my mobi files to epub.

So suggestions?
Teeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 01:51 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The calibre defaults work pretty well for converting MOBI to EPUB. I recommend changing the output profile to Tablet in order to keep images at their original resolution.

I suggest that you consider whether or not this is necessary. The change to no longer accept MOBI only applies to emailing and using the send-to-kindle apps. You will still be able to sideload MOBI files via USB either manually or using calibre. Also the change won't happen until August. You have until then to email any MOBI files that you want on your Amazon account. Once there they will not go away according to Amazon.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:11 AM   #3
Teeny
Enthusiast
Teeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle PW 11th
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The calibre defaults work pretty well for converting MOBI to EPUB. I recommend changing the output profile to Tablet in order to keep images at their original resolution.

I suggest that you consider whether or not this is necessary. The change to no longer accept MOBI only applies to emailing and using the send-to-kindle apps. You will still be able to sideload MOBI files via USB either manually or using calibre. Also the change won't happen until August. You have until then to email any MOBI files that you want on your Amazon account. Once there they will not go away according to Amazon.

I like to keep as clean a memory on my devices as possible so I don't really want to send 300+ books on my kindle and then having to wade through endlessly through them to find a book I haven't read. As much as I love my new PW for reading, scrolling through it is like walking through molasses. BUT I have never considered the options you mentioned, usb cable and calibre! I so rarely use them I haven't thought of that! thank you!

And I really doubt Amazon's "most up-to-date features" will be anything so life changing that will matter for my old mobi files.
Teeny is offline   Reply With Quote