Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-10-2024, 06:22 AM   #1516
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Star Trek S3E22: The Savage Curtain

Okay, so season three of TOS. IMO, there's three truly good episodes here: Spectre of the Gun, The Tholian Web, and The Empath. But the rest tend to fall into one of three categories:

- Nonsensical, but fun to watch (Spock's Brain, Plato's Stepchildren, The Way to Eden)
- Kind of see what they were trying to do, but it didn't really work (The Mark of Gideon, The Cloud Minders)
- WTF? (Turnabout Intruder, Whom Gods Destroy)

The Savage Curtain definitely falls into that last category.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-04-10-07h10m17s028.png
Views:	11
Size:	375.4 KB
ID:	207467

Yes, Abraham Lincoln...floating in space.

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-04-10-07h12m49s079.png
Views:	11
Size:	587.2 KB
ID:	207468.

Apparently this rock guy brought Kirk, Spock, Lincoln, and Vulcan Jesus to this planet to fight, because... something about good or evil.

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-04-10-07h16m19s740.png
Views:	16
Size:	556.2 KB
ID:	207470

The opposing side is made up of Genghis Khan, some genocidal 21st-century dictator, Klingon Jesus, and... yeah, I don't even remember who the female is. Of course, the white guy is in charge.

So... basically a shittier version of Arena. With Abraham Lincoln and Genghis Khan. And Captain Kirk trying to punch an alien made of lava rocks.

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-04-10-07h14m55s280.png
Views:	14
Size:	598.2 KB
ID:	207469

Kirk, don't do that.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-10-2024 at 06:27 AM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 03:18 AM   #1517
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Last night we finished watching Quiet on Set on HBO. Just wow.

We also watched the first episode of Fallout on Prime. I've never played the game and don't know what's it about. But we both enjoyed the first episode so we'll continue with it.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 01:12 AM   #1518
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Sunday I watched Call the Midwife and Mr. Bates v. the Post Office.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 01:37 AM   #1519
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
We're still watching Fallout and really enjoying it. We only have three episodes left, so we'll probably finish tonight.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 10:32 AM   #1520
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
I am clearly in a weird space.

I am watching Kolchak:The Night Stalker (yes, really) on Peacock streaming and I think it's also on Peacock, oddly enough, Ball of Fire, (1941) with Babs Stanwyck and Gary Cooper.

I love that movie. A film of a far more recent vintage, IQ, reminds me strongly of it. I'm quite certain that one is...homaged...in the other.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 12:51 PM   #1521
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
We're still watching Fallout and really enjoying it. We only have three episodes left, so we'll probably finish tonight.
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I've never played the game, for reference.

I'm not usually a fan of gratuitous gore, but I'm willing to overlook it when there's a good sense of humor involved. Like Fallout on Prime and Twisted Metal on Peacock. Perhaps it's just gore that takes itself too seriously that I dislike.

The other thing Fallout has going for it is the cast. Lots of good cameos. And there's not a project Walt Goggins has been a main part of that I didn't like.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 01:18 PM   #1522
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not usually a fan of gratuitous gore, but I'm willing to overlook it when there's a good sense of humor involved. Like Fallout on Prime and Twisted Metal on Peacock. Perhaps it's just gore that takes itself too seriously that I dislike.
The Fallout games have the Bloody Mess perk, which causes enemies to tend to explode into... well, bloody messes.

There was a fun glitch with the Fallout: New Vegas engine where if you exploded an NPC and then did a quick-reload, they'd still be a bloody mess of dismembered parts walking around. It was honestly both hilarious and terrifying.

EDIT: I found a screenshot. Spoilered because... well, bloody mess.

Spoiler:

Name:	New Vegas - 2018-05-09 10.11.46.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	207650

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-16-2024 at 01:22 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM   #1523
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I watched Scoop on Netflix last night.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote