Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 04:17 AM   #31
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigk View Post
ok - so now i looked at the phone - about phone - usb settings, and the radio button kies was shown. i then moved that to mass storage (before your post above) and on explorer two new drive letters were created but when clicked they said "please insert a disk...".
Calibre won't work with the phone until you get a drive working.

I am speculating here, based on some experience with WinMo and my HTC.

I have had cases where I needed to soft-reset the phone after changing settings like USB storage.

Other people I know have had bizarre device driver problems that were solved by removing the device from the known device list. To do that, plug in the phone, go to the device manager, delete the phone from the list (deleting the drivers if asked), unplug the phone, reboot the computer, then plug in the phone again. Look carefully at the driver choices presented to you, and be sure that you use the one that come with the Galaxy (if any do). If the Galaxy does come with drivers, you might consider installing them before you plug in the phone the second time.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:49 AM   #32
craigk
craigk began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy s android
yes that makes sense - although i dont understand why i can see the phone and files when i choose the windows media option. the galaxy comes with no drivers as a cd with the phone or anything. XP does show "Android device" when the phone is attached.

i suppose i will have to speak with samsung or look at the android forums to see if this is a known problem with the galaxy. perhaps they will address this in a firmware update. i really have no idea. i will attempt what you say but im not optimistic. i suppose thats just what happens when you are an early adopter - things that you think would be fundemental - seem not to be.
craigk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 05:05 AM   #33
craigk
craigk began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy s android
just saw this so looks like its not "just me" : http://android.modaco.com/content/sa...xy-s-problems/
craigk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:15 AM   #34
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
yes that makes sense - although i dont understand why i can see the phone and files when i choose the windows media option. the galaxy comes with no drivers as a cd with the phone or anything. XP does show "Android device" when the phone is attached.
Very different set of drivers. In one case you are using mass storage drivers, and in the other you are using media access drivers. One set works, the other not. Sigh.

The thread you pointed at had all sorts of suggestions. I confess that some seem like voodoo, but heh... Have fun.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #35
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
btw "You have to select mass storage in usb settings of your phone and then you get a notification to mount the drives press yes and then you will see the drives."

i dont get any notification to mount the drives - it just creates the two new drive letters without intervention by me.
You should get a notification in your phone about mounting the sd card as the phone has to stop using the drive before you can access it on your computer.
once you connect the usb and select mass storage just pull down the notification their should be an option for mounting
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert