Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-01-2009, 02:06 AM   #46
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them...
And actually quite fitting with DRM - "And in the darkness bind them"
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:07 AM   #47
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Maybe something as simple as this. Choose one for DRMed and the other for DRM-free, change colours at will.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epub.png
Views:	328
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	28275  
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #48
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Double infinity encircled

I lack the artistic skill to make these more polished, but they express simple ideas of infinity (endless possibilities) perhaps encircled (like a globe) i.e ePub: the ultimate ebook format for the whole world.

There's the normal weight one, double infinity (also know as "Rose of Four Petals"), as well as a thick one and thin one.

The last one, "thin double infinity", is a spoof of Adobe's .pdf three spiked logo!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	double infinity encircled.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	28298  
Attached Images

Last edited by nrapallo; 05-01-2009 at 09:11 AM. Reason: added link
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #49
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
"What do you mean this FreePub isn't free?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Well, I have the "final" versions of these logos. I did versions with and without shadow. For the moment they are in http://djelibeibi.unex.es/files/freepub.htm
I like the logos and since I've followed this thread I know what they mean, but I think the first time a n00b sees that logo on Fictionwise or Manybooks and adds it to their cart only to discover that the "FreePub" isn't free at all but is $9.95, they'll be mad and confused. I know you wedged 'DRM' in there, but it 'Free' has one meaning in online shopping and 'DRM-less' won't equate to 'Free' in most shoppers minds. Just my FreeThoughts.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #50
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I lack the artistic skill to make these more polished, but they express simple ideas of infinity (endless possibilities) perhaps encircled (like a globe) i.e ePub: the ultimate ebook format for the whole world.
Not quite the same, but something based on your idea. I'd say the one with the ring should be for DRMed ePUB, since it looks "locked".
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	363
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	28317  
Advert
Old 05-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #51
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Not quite the same, but something based on your idea. I'd say the one with the ring should be for DRMed ePUB, since it looks "locked".
I like it.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #52
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
My two cents:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	epub-nodrm-logo01b.png
Views:	290
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	28319  
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #53
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Nice. I like the "locked" idea. It's the first thing that came to mind when I saw it (it look entangled)!

Could you do another version with a little larger background rectangle (being smaller than the extent of the double infinifty makes it a bit "busy", for me. )
Old 05-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #54
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I am trying for simplicity here:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	logo 1.png
Views:	314
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	28326   Click image for larger version

Name:	logo 2.png
Views:	307
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	28327   Click image for larger version

Name:	logo 3.png
Views:	287
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	28328   Click image for larger version

Name:	logo 4.png
Views:	291
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	28329  

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 05-01-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:00 AM   #55
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Could you do another version with a little larger background rectangle (being smaller than the extent of the double infinifty makes it a bit "busy", for me. )
Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	281
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	28343  
Old 05-02-2009, 05:50 AM   #56
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
That one was the clearest yet and probably no possibility to misunderstand it.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:58 AM   #57
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I wonder how they will look at a size of 32x32, 22x22 or 16x16. I can't imagine that they could be well usable as icons...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:08 AM   #58
nrapallo

Quote:
Here you go.
Thanks, they sure are colourful!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #59
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Here are some smaller versions.
Attached Images

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 05-02-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #60
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
another try

aiming for simplicity too...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	epub01a.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	28377  
Attached Images

gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote