Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
ksrives
ksrives began at the beginning.

Device: ePub and Kindle
Error while parsing file "attribute"_span"

I ran my ePub doc through a validator and Im getting an error that says:

Error while parsing file "attribute"_span" not allowed (see full text at bottom)

It tells me its on line 12, but the problem is that I have several chapters and they all have a line 12, so I don't know which one its referring to.

When I'm looking through the code, what am I looking for that would help me solve this issue?

Any help solving this issue appreciated. Thank you.

Full text from validator:
Error while parsing file 'attribute "_span" not allowed here; expected attribute "about", "accesskey", "aria-activedescendant", "aria-atomic", "aria-autocomplete", "aria-busy", "aria-checked", "aria-controls", "aria-describedat", "aria-describedby", "aria-disabled", "aria-dropeffect", "aria-expanded", "aria-flowto", "aria-grabbed", "aria-haspopup", "aria-hidden", "aria-invalid", "aria-label", "aria-labelledby", "aria-level", "aria-live", "aria-multiline", "aria-multiselectable", "aria-orientation", "aria-owns", "aria-posinset", "aria-pressed", "aria-readonly", "aria-relevant", "aria-required", "aria-selected", "aria-setsize", "aria-sort", "aria-valuemax", "aria-valuemin", "aria-valuenow", "aria-valuetext", "content", "contenteditable", "contextmenu", "datatype", "dir", "draggable", "dropzone", "epub:type", "hidden", "id", "inlist", "itemid", "itemprop", "itemref", "itemscope", "itemtype", "lang", "ns:alphabet", "nsh", "onabort", "onblur", "oncanplay", "oncanplaythrough", "onchange", "onclick", "oncontextmenu", "ondblclick", "ondrag", "ondragend", "ondragenter", "ondragleave", "ondragover", "ondragstart", "ondrop", "ondurationchange", "onemptied", "onended", "onerror", "onfocus", "oninput", "oninvalid", "onkeydown", "onkeypress", "onkeyup", "onload", "onloadeddata", "onloadedmetadata", "onloadstart", "onmousedown", "onmousemove", "onmouseout", "onmouseover", "onmouseup", "onmousewheel", "onpause", "onplay", "onplaying", "onprogress", "onratechange", "onreadystatechange", "onreset", "onscroll", "onseeked", "onseeking", "onselect", "onshow", "onstalled", "onsubmit", "onsuspend", "ontimeupdate", "onvolumechange", "onwaiting", "prefix", "property", "rel", "resource", "rev", "role", "spellcheck", "style", "tabindex", "title", "typeof", "vocab", "xml:base", "xml:lang" or "xml:space" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/synthesis")'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 1.59.22 PM.png
Views:	231
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	168323  

Last edited by ksrives; 12-13-2018 at 06:22 PM.
ksrives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I don't think you are allowed to put a Span inside an Anchor. Style the Anchor instead
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2018, 08:01 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just search for _span in the editor and delete it wherever you find it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attribute, error, span