Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Tons of refurbished kindles available on woot right now

Here.

https://www.woot.com/category/comput..._cnt_cdet_pc_4

I know amazon bought Woot a while back, so I think there's a good chance many of these would be on amazon warehouse too?

Just for anyone who wants an older cheaper one.

Like the kindle keyboard with 3g, $14.99, that's a heck of a price, just for the battery if you need one!
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I bought a refurbed PW2 from Woot for $50 US 2 months ago and am thoroughly delighted with the purchase since the unit I received exceeded the specifications the order page listed. I got a 4 GB memory device rather than the listed 3. The device had NO blemishes or signs of wear.

If I needed another, or needed to find a gift for someone, I would not hesitate to buy again.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2017, 04:00 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I bought a refurbed PW2 from Woot for $50 US 2 months ago and am thoroughly delighted with the purchase since the unit I received exceeded the specifications the order page listed. I got a 4 GB memory device rather than the listed 3.
3GB referred to the amount of usable storage space. The firmware uses the rest of it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:56 AM   #4
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Won't ship to Canada. Watch out for Woot. Many, many bad reviews:
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.woot.com
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #5
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
3GB referred to the amount of usable storage space. The firmware uses the rest of it.
I understand that, apparently a few PW2s WERE produced with 4 GB of storage. I have about 50 books loaded on my PW2 ie not in 'the cloud', and still have over 3GB of space available.
Advert
Old 10-10-2017, 11:19 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I understand that, apparently a few PW2s WERE produced with 4 GB of storage. I have about 50 books loaded on my PW2 ie not in 'the cloud', and still have over 3GB of space available.
I appreciate that, Glen. What I was saying is that there's never been a "3GB" Kindle, so if they were, as you said, advertising a Kindle as having 3GB storage, that has to refer to the 4GB model rather than the older 2GB one.

The 2GB model was released in November 2013, and storage was increased to 4GB in around July 2014.

Last edited by HarryT; 10-10-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:22 AM   #7
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I appreciate that, Glen. What I was saying is that there's never been a "3GB" Kindle, so if they were, as you said, advertising a Kindle as having 3GB storage, that has to refer to the 4GB model rather than the older 2GB one.

The 2GB model was released in November 2013, and storage was increased to 4GB in around July 2014.
Ahh! thanks for the clarification!
Old 10-10-2017, 11:31 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I think it's admirable that they would tell you how much storage space is actually available for use, rather than the theoretical total. I wish more retailers did this!
Old 10-11-2017, 07:41 AM   #9
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I ordered a couple of Kindles from Woot, sent the U.S. and changed my mind several minutes later ( I really just wanted one). I had no trouble quickly cancelling and replacing my order, and, as I registered through Amazon, I was quickly credited. Nice service.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote