Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
JacksonGirl
JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CyBook Odyssey HD FrontLight
A question before my CyBook Odyssey HD FrontLight arrives.

Hello. /wave

I'm new here and I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my CyBook Odyssey HD FrontLight. One of the main reasons that I purchased it is the microSD card slot. I just have one question before it gets here:

Am I able to put all of my books onto a microSD card and then insert that straight into the Odyssey, or do I need to first insert an empty microSD card and then load the books onto the card through the Odyssey?

If it makes any difference to the answer, I'm using OSX.
JacksonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
You can put all your books directly on the SD card with your computer.
If you have many books think about how you want to organize them, because the folder view is all you will have, so it's not a good way to have one large folder with all books or even with all authors as sub-folders since it would take too much time to get from one book/author to the next...
The SD card has to be formatted with Fat32 btw.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
First thing is to activate Folder view.

Shoudn't matter if you put the books "directly" or though the cybook.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
JacksonGirl
JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JacksonGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the fast responses! I appreciate it a lot. Note to self, remember to reformat your SD card before you put stuff on it.

WS64, I was planning on creating genre folders, and then author sub-folders, and then within those, series sub-folders (where required). Do you think that the Odyssey will handle that? I don't mind pawing through long lists of books as long as they're somewhat organised.

EowynCarter, is the Folder View option easy to find?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You turn on the folder view in the menu of the library.
The reader will handle the sub folders, yes.
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
JacksonGirl

Thank you.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #7
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
It is better not to put large amount books at the same time. I think Odyssey HD not so good in handling write management on SD. Odyssey will make thumbnail and 'notes' on each books, if during this operation we interfere the write process, the SD structure can be error. I have experience about that.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
WS64

No, the thumbnails and notes will be done when needed, not at startup. Thunbs will be recreated every time you browse through the library.
I put my whole library (a few 1000s) on the device at once, no problems. Took just a few minutes.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
I am not sure about the reason, maybe my SD card speed is low, but the corrupt is happened more than once, I put about 2000 books. The thumbnails created once while we browse the library for the first time.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote