Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-15-2018, 12:59 AM   #1
smellycat
smellycat began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx BOOX Max 2
Question Max2 USB tethering / SSH to linux machine

Are there any users out there who ssh to their PC from onyx boox max2 via usb tethering using an Android application like juicessh or termux? If so, how did you do it? Or if not, what do you do instead? I have found connecting via the HDMI cable pretty slow and the refresh rate is lacking. All I really need is my linux terminal for text editing, so the full monitor experience is somewhat overkill for my needs and so I was hoping to find a more responsive setup for that.

I would also be curious to hear from any users who have accomplished a more responsive experience using their linux terminal environments than is available from connecting via HDMI. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ps: I have updated my firmware to the latest version.
smellycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:34 AM   #2
plusz
Addict
plusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notes

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
adb reverse is the answer, for example

adb reverse tcp:8081 tcp:8081
- then localhost:8081 on Boox will open 8081 on your PC
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:25 PM   #3
smellycat
smellycat began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx BOOX Max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
adb reverse is the answer, for example

adb reverse tcp:8081 tcp:8081
- then localhost:8081 on Boox will open 8081 on your PC
Thanks plusz, but could you elaborate a bit regarding what this accomplishes? I may have actually been seeking out the wrong approach when asking for ssh solutions from Onyx Boox Max 2 --> my linux pc, as it would be ideal to have a solution that allows me to use my laptop keyboard to control both the max 2 and my laptop together (just like the monitor app, but with a faster response time).

To rephrase my original question: how can I set up the onyx boox max 2 to act as a secondary monitor an alternative way than connecting via HDMI so that experience is more responsive and primary objective is to basically have a terminal window (from my host computer) displayed on the max 2?

Sorry if I am over complicating this, but thanks for your help I appreciate it!
smellycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:02 AM   #4
franzli
Groupie
franzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Have a look at the thread on Boox Max as monitor. It's pretty long but user mdp has very helpful information there on how to use adb reverse in order to establish a vnc connection with a vnc client app on the ereader (eg bvnc) and a vnc server in you're Linux device.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
usb ssh hdmi monitor