Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 12-10-2018, 02:47 PM   #1
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
Plugins for Tolino?

Hi
I've bought a second-hand Tolino Vision 2. Not bad but with notes is a disaster
Is there any plug in or something to enhance a bit?
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:11 PM   #2
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beautyCyfranek does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
Hi
I've bought a second-hand Tolino Vision 2. Not bad but with notes is a disaster
Is there any plug in or something to enhance a bit?
Chceck "Annotations" plug-in by David Forrester for Calibre. It works fine for me.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:47 AM   #3
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

This one

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=241206

It says IOS, kindle, kobo.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:23 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
This one

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=241206

It says IOS, kindle, kobo.
There is a beta in near the end of the thread with support for tolino devices. Yikes, it's been there since July. I'll try and release it over the weekend.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
Jane Eyre
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is a beta in near the end of the thread with support for tolino devices. Yikes, it's been there since July. I'll try and release it over the weekend.
Oh wow thanks!! I'll just check .
Old 12-11-2018, 06:55 PM   #6
Jane Eyre
Zealot

I'm afraid I misunderstood!

Explanatory notes do not work well in Tolino reader.

Differently from kindle, Tolino cannot manage hypertext links, especially the task of coming back to the exact point in the text (from note).

Sorry for my english
Old 12-13-2018, 02:23 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I'm afraid I misunderstood!

Explanatory notes do not work well in Tolino reader.

Differently from kindle, Tolino cannot manage hypertext links, especially the task of coming back to the exact point in the text (from note).

Sorry for my english
I suspect you are not wanting to export notes/annotations you have made on your Tolino to your computer but rather be able to tap on a link to go to a footnote and then to tap another link to return to the point in the text where you tapped the link to the footnote. In print books, footnotes were generally at the bottom of a page leading to the name, a technique which doesn't work well with reflowable electronic texts so we play games to approximate the same functionality.

To get it to work properly requires correct coding in the epub file. On my Epos, I have found some epubs that allow that functionality and others where I've had to edit the epub to correct the linkages.

The popup footnote windows using kepubs on a Kobo does not really fix the problem but does allow closing the popup window to get back to your place in the text.

There have been several discussions on MobileRead about footnotes and you might want to do a search for some of them. One example is in the Calibre forum's Editor subforum. See Endnotes within Endnotes for that example.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-13-2018 at 02:31 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:26 AM   #8
Jane Eyre
Zealot

Footnotes, yes!! Sorry.
Footnotes work great in my kindle but in Tolino don't.
I've been trying to optimize xhtml code for this device, i.e. adding a little of space between the word and its number (bigger)

(not: word[1], but: word [1]). It improves the situation a little bit, but not completely. Going back continues to be difficult..
Old 12-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Footnotes, yes!! Sorry.
Footnotes work great in my kindle but in Tolino don't.
I've been trying to optimize xhtml code for this device, i.e. adding a little of space between the word and its number (bigger)

(not: word[1], but: word [1]). It improves the situation a little bit, but not completely. Going back continues to be difficult..
The best bet is likely to put links in the footnote itself to go back.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote