Notices

Old 12-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
xiatian
Connoisseur
xiatian began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question parse_index for a jpg link as an article url

Hi,
I went into a problem when using parse_index. Some website's sections are just pictures, which are .jpg links(like https://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.3520128.1528206115!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_620_330/image.jpg ) rather than normal html web pages. So if I still use list of articles dictionary like {'url',jpg_url} will fail because it's not a html tree to parse. How can I work around this issue?
Thanks!
xiatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
create a dummy html file in the local filesystem that links to the image and use a file:/// URL to point to it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:51 PM   #3
xiatian
Connoisseur
xiatian began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
create a dummy html file in the local filesystem that links to the image and use a file:/// URL to point to it.
Yes, that's just what I did. Thank you!
xiatian is offline   Reply With Quote