Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-06-2018, 10:24 AM   #16
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I must be one of the few people who think the Freewrite is ugly. It doesn't have the streamlined good looks of the Alphasmart Neo or even better ones of the nice black Neo2. I have both Neos and find them extremely useful for writing away from the laptop, and I love watching them 'ghost type' into Word.

I hate the idea of having to back-up into the cloud and not being able to delete any files, not even the most inane notes. Apparently, with the Freewrite, you're stuck with everything you ever write on the thing. And just imagine going to a nice quiet spot and using that clacky mechanical keyboard. Mechanical keyboards are great, in their place, which may not be the public library, or beside a nice quiet river.

The only issue I've ever had with the Neo is that I miss my writing programs, especially those I use to plan and outline what I'm writing. For this reason I bought a small secondhand laptop. Because I, by choice, don't have wifi (the technician who fitted the router switched it off for me) it's hard for another laptop to log on to my internet (I use passworded homeplugs, or powerlines). So the second lappy is internetless unless I directly plug the router into it.

Anyway, I won't hog this thread with my lappy, especially as I booted the discussion of the Freewrite off the other thread

I'm sure others would say that if you're considering a Freewrite, take a look at the Neo first.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:08 PM   #17
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Hahahahaaha!!

So true! So true!

Let's hope these easily distracted people don't become Air Traffic Controllers!*

* = Not that there's anything wrong with easily distracted people.
* = Not that there's anything wrong with Air Traffic Controllers.
I WAS an air traffic controller and ... SQUIRREL!
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2018, 03:19 PM   #18
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Hahahahaaha!!

So true! So true!

Let's hope these easily distracted people don't become Air Traffic Controllers!*
Ridicule aside ...

You would hope that Air Traffic Controllers can give their full attention to their job. For some writers, a device like an Alphasmart Neo helps them give full attention to their job.

Why is it so difficult to accept that not everyone is the same?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:21 PM   #19
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I must be one of the few people who think the Freewrite is ugly.
No, you're not. Not only is it ugly but it looks "clunky."

Looking a little closer at your post ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I hate the idea of having to back-up into the cloud and not being able to delete any files, not even the most inane notes. Apparently, with the Freewrite, you're stuck with everything you ever write on the thing.
I didn't even know that. Another *huge* reason to never consider a Freewrite.

Last edited by rcentros; 01-06-2018 at 05:47 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
astrohaus, freewrite