Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
edercito
edercito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 Wifi
On Feedbooks: viewing full news article through RSS feeds

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum. I tried to get the New York Times feeds through Feedbooks' RSS feature. However, I'm only able to get a pdf with a summary of each article. I was wondering if one's able to download complete stories like in Calibre for the sony reader. Any help would be appreciated.
edercito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
Brian1972ct
Brian1972ct began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I would love to know how to do this too, but I dont think we can yet.
Brian1972ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by edercito View Post
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum. I tried to get the New York Times feeds through Feedbooks' RSS feature. However, I'm only able to get a pdf with a summary of each article.
I haven't been able to get it to work either for the L.A. Times. The same feed links work in MobiPocket Reader and Google Reader but not Feedbooks.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
The problem is with the feeds, not Feedbooks.

If a feed only provides a partial information, you won't get the full article.
I really doubt that it would be legal for a service to automatically extract the articles, and there's no easy way to do this fully automatically either (need to set an extraction pattern for every feed).
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
The problem is with the feeds, not Feedbooks.

If a feed only provides a partial information, you won't get the full article.
I really doubt that it would be legal for a service to automatically extract the articles, and there's no easy way to do this fully automatically either (need to set an extraction pattern for every feed).
Mobipocket Reader does that, Calibre does that. Without article extraction the feedbooks News is a useless feature as tha vast majority of feeds doesn't list whole articles, only summaries.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
cszhy
cszhy began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
how can I read google reader on my sony prs500 ?
I'm trying on Calibre, but I don't have proper receipt for google reader
anyone can help?

Thanks
cszhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #7
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Neither Calibre or MobiReader can do it reliably, however. The only ones that work are ones that have 'recipes' (and even those are often dodgy).
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 AM   #8
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
There's a Greasemonkey script that sends articles you choose with a shortcut to InstaPaper. And afaik calibre has a recipe for instapaper, you can also add instapaper to mobipocket reader news without any hassle, works reliably. Though, the issue remains that if the article in GReader is only an abstract, not the whole thing, that is all you'll get, no extraction.
I'm sorry, I misremembered (early morning for me ). The script sends only the article url to instapaper, so you should get whole articles, even if there's only an abstract in Greader. Still, there sometimes is a problem with articles stretching over more pages.

Last edited by Abelturd; 07-24-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!