Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-04-2017, 02:08 PM   #571
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Two "new" Adventures in the Liaden Universe chapbooks are out -- Cultivar and Heirs to Trouble. Both contain stories that have appeared elsewhere, but never been released in their own chapbook.

Cultivar includes The Rifle's First Wife and Out of True

Heirs to Trouble includes Roving Gambler and Code of Honor
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:23 PM   #572
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A new free Liaden story -- Block Party -- is up on Baen.com. Not showing on the front page, yet, but you can go directly to it with that link.

Enjoy!
Advert
Old 12-23-2017, 03:39 PM   #573
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
A new free Liaden story -- Block Party -- is up on Baen.com. Not showing on the front page, yet, but you can go directly to it with that link.

Enjoy!
Thanks Charlie - I really enjoyed that. It was a lovely Christmas gift from Lee and Miller. But they’re so creative and engaging - I really want the story to continue!
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:57 PM   #574
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Thanks Charlie - I really enjoyed that. It was a lovely Christmas gift from Lee and Miller. But they’re so creative and engaging - I really want the story to continue!
There's a new chapbook coming called Degrees of Separation that is a prequel to it, I believe. Not visible yet, but soon.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:07 PM   #575
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
There's a new chapbook coming called Degrees of Separation that is a prequel to it, I believe. Not visible yet, but soon.
Great - thank you very much Charlie! I hope you had a nice Christmas. I’ll keep an eye out for it. .....The countdown is finally here for the release of Neogenesis. I‘ve already bought it, so it will download from Amazon automatically on the 3rd. Yahoo!
Advert
Old 12-29-2017, 05:45 PM   #576
CRussel
(he/him/his)

I read the eARC, so I will go with the Audible version first, though I also have preordered from Amazon. But I also have a new Foreigner book and a new Ava Lee book, all in the first week of January.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #577
Victoria
Wizard

Oh, it’s so delicious to several great choices. Enjoy! I haven’t read the Foreigner series yet, and hadn’t heard of the Ava Lee, so your post sent me running to the kindle story. Both sound great! I look forward to exploring them, after Neogenesis. Right now I’m rereading the Gathering Edge, to set the stage for the new release.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:01 PM   #578
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Neogenesis and Degrees of Separation

Neogenesis is out in both eBook and Audible formats. Go grab a copy now!

Also, the precursor to this month's free story from Baen, Block Party, is Degrees of Separation, now available for pre-order from Amazon (and possibly others).
Old 01-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #579
Victoria
Wizard

Oh great! Have it preordered - thank you very much Charlie!
Old 01-13-2018, 01:34 AM   #580
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Amazon has dropped the price on Neogenesis to $7.99 and Google Play has matched.

I got it from GP as I had a $5 off offer and was surprised to see it has DRM which no other Baen book I've gotten there has had. I'm assuming it's a mistake, but wanted to warn anyone else thinking of getting it there in case it matters to them...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #581
CRussel
(he/him/his)

No DRM at Amazon, for sure, on any Baen book, and that includes Neogenesis.

My pre-order of Degrees of Separation downloaded during dinner last night from AmazonUK. I was just a bit late falling asleep.

Excellent. This is the prequel to the free story up on Baen right now, Block Party. Full review to follow when I get even a moment. but by all means, BUY IT. READ IT. LOVE IT.

Last edited by CRussel; 01-15-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #582
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Now listed as DRM Free at google play.

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Amazon has dropped the price on Neogenesis to $7.99 and Google Play has matched.

I got it from GP as I had a $5 off offer and was surprised to see it has DRM which no other Baen book I've gotten there has had. I'm assuming it's a mistake, but wanted to warn anyone else thinking of getting it there in case it matters to them...
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #583
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Whispersync now available for Neogenesis. I’ve been waiting for this
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:22 PM   #584
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Good. My version should her updated for my re-read.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:44 AM   #585
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I did a series re-read before reading Neogenesis, but saved the Crystal books re-read for after it. Worked out very well, in that I could see more of the threads that appear in the later stories.

I would really love a book about those first years on Liad and more about Rool Tiazan's subsequent actions, since it seems the lifemating trait was passed on via him. Did he marry the red-headed gambler? Are the dramliz traits still strong in Clan Erob? Questions, questions....

Last edited by Xanthe; 04-12-2018 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Typo
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote