Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-07-2018, 06:00 AM   #31906
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggleWife View Post
Update:

Went to court today - along with about 300 other people.

Airport-like security screening with the wands and X-raying of bags and such.

Herded into a BIG room to await registration. Registration took almost an hour.

Then we got to watch a video about how wonderful and fulfilling it is to sit on a jury.

Then we waited.
And waited.
And waited.

Around noon they said a Judge was coming in to talk to us. Odd since we were supposed to go to the courtroom to see him.

Long story shortened, due to scheduling of rooms, judges and cases, no new trials will start this week so we are all dismissed. Thanks for your service. Maybe we will see you again in 3 years.

Funniest part was there were about 25 people who brought letters in an effort to get out of serving. They were deferred to another date and sent home early. They are not considered to have done their service and will have to come back another time.
Karma, baby!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:43 PM   #31907
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggleWife View Post
Update:

Went to court today - along with about 300 other people.

Airport-like security screening with the wands and X-raying of bags and such.

Herded into a BIG room to await registration. Registration took almost an hour.

Then we got to watch a video about how wonderful and fulfilling it is to sit on a jury.

Then we waited.
And waited.
And waited.

Around noon they said a Judge was coming in to talk to us. Odd since we were supposed to go to the courtroom to see him.

Long story shortened, due to scheduling of rooms, judges and cases, no new trials will start this week so we are all dismissed. Thanks for your service. Maybe we will see you again in 3 years.

Funniest part was there were about 25 people who brought letters in an effort to get out of serving. They were deferred to another date and sent home early. They are not considered to have done their service and will have to come back another time.
Similar things have happened to me, though usually the parties settle out of court before I end up having to serve. I've been called to serve several times over the years and have yet to actually do jury duty.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:41 AM   #31908
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Similar things have happened to me, though usually the parties settle out of court before I end up having to serve. I've been called to serve several times over the years and have yet to actually do jury duty.
I've never been called for jury duty, but I was once called as a witness. My testimony would have been that I didn't really get a good look at the person, and I couldn't be sure that the person in the dock was the person I saw that evening. Luckily they pleaded guilty at the start of the case. Probably because I was in court ready to testify.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #31909
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I've been called several times, served once and was selected as alternate juror once. The rest were either settled or I was rejected by one of the attorneys.

The worst part of the experiences is the paper work required to get my pay straitened out. My employer pays for jury duty, but I have to reimburse them for any jury pay. that usually takes six weeks to three months then I have to write a check for whatever the amount was.

Paper checks, how archaic! Those are often the only checks I write in the course of a year. Everything else is electronic.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:51 AM   #31910
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
If people are still saying that reading e-books is not cheaper than reading paperbacks, then they're not altogether there with regard to the current state of affairs, especially when reading new releases. The National Dutch Book Week drove that home to me in a major way.

I even think reading paper books in Dutch is economically wasteful.

My GF reads only paper if she can help it, and Dutch translations if possible. She's now reading a newly released book.

- In Dutch, it has been split up into two parts (it wasn't in English).

Now compare the pricing:
- Dutch Part 1, paperback: €22.95
- Dutch Part 2, paperback: €24.95

I don't know if there's a Dutch hardcover; haven't been able to find one. The total price of the paperbacks is €47.90.

- The English hardcover (complete) costs €21
- The Dutch e-book costs €12,95 at Kobo
- The English e-book costs €5.49 at Kobo (and $6.75 at Amazon.com)

The price of reading on paper in Dutch is just... overdone. I could imagine buying the Dutch e-book for a premium of €7.46 over the English version if you really want to read in Dutch, but paying an EXTRA €40 on top of that just to read on paper is, IMHO, needlessly expensive.

Last edited by Katsunami; 03-19-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #31911
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
If people are still saying that reading e-books is not cheaper than reading paperbacks, then they're not altogether there with regard to the current state of affairs, especially when reading new releases. The National Dutch Book Week drove that home to me in a major way.

I even think reading paper books in Dutch is economically wasteful.

My GF reads only paper if she can help it, and Dutch translations if possible. She's now reading a newly released book.

- In Dutch, it has been split up into two parts (it wasn't in English).

Now compare the pricing:
- Dutch Part 1, paperback: €22.95
- Dutch Part 2, paperback: €24.95

I don't know if there's a Dutch hardcover; haven't been able to find one. The total price of the paperbacks is €47.90.

- The English hardcover (complete) costs €21
- The Dutch e-book costs €12,95 at Kobo
- The English e-book costs €5.49 at Kobo (and $6.75 at Amazon.com)

The price of reading on paper in Dutch is just... overdone. I could imagine buying the Dutch e-book for a premium of €7.46 over the English version if you really want to read in Dutch, but paying an EXTRA €40 on top of that just to read on paper is, IMHO, needlessly expensive.
I mostly agree but there may be other factors, e.g. Harlequin romance series (English versions at least) have a very robust eBay aftermarket. If you only want to read them once, and finish within 2 weeks of receiving, you can usually recover 70-80% of the subscription price after fees and shipping costs. I've seen $39 sets listed with free shipping (about $4) go for $40+ many times.

Personally I only read library ebook borrows. By using the Overdrive plug-in's "recommend" feature for new releases I get on the hold list near the top and have never had to wait more than a week or two to borrow them...
cc_in_oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:14 PM   #31912
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
I fear it's not that simple. There was a book conference in the Baltic a few years back focusing on the problems of small language markets.

Problem one is that most of the costs of publishing a book occur before the book is actually published, in print or electronic form. Dropping the print edition provides nowhere near the cost savings most folks think, and won't drop the price of the book as much as people hope. (An editor friend commented elsewhere that the Print/Bind/Warehouse/Distribute portion was about 10% of the average book's budget.)

Problem two is that publishers must cover their costs and actually make money. The price of a book reflects that effort.

Problem three is the "small language market" mentioned above. Publishers in small language markets have a triple whammy.

The first is that the total size of the market is small. (There are countries where the entire literate population is less than that of the metropolitan area of the US where I live.)

The second is that the total costs are spread over a much smaller number of units, and prices must be high to cover the costs.

The third is that many of the literate adult readers in those countries also read English. Why bother with a publication in their native language if they can get the book in English from a foreign publisher for a lot less than they'd pay for it in their native language?

(And many of the books in question are international best sellers written in English, and producing a native language version requires the additional costs of creating a translation.)

And thinking about it, add a fourth whammy: no book will appeal the the entire market. Each book has a potential market that is a subset of the total market, and will not be bought by the entire subset. The smaller the potential market, the worse the problems of covering cost become.

If you insist on reading in Dutch, prices will be high in print or electronic version, simply because the market for books in Dutch is small, and the price per copy must be higher because less copies will be sold to cover the costs.

Similar comments apply to small markets, period. You'll see unhappiness expressed by Australians at what books cost there. The population is about 25 million, somewhat above the 17 million of the Netherlands. Its simplified a bit because English is the dominant tongue and most folks speaking a different native language are bi-lingual, but an Australian publisher will still sell less copies of a book, with higher costs per copy in consequence.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:05 PM   #31913
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I know all that, but if reading a book costs you €25, it's a bit of a luxury if you read one or two a week. The point is, if you can read English, it's _a lot_ cheaper to just get the English e-books and leave the Dutch translations be. (I'd actually applaud it, because Fantasy translated into Dutch just reads and sounds awful and childish.)
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:15 AM   #31914
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
I know all that, but if reading a book costs you €25, it's a bit of a luxury if you read one or two a week.
That's exactly why I started to read in english.

I live in a small country with few reading habits, people prefer to buy magazines than books and since the market is small the book prices are high. I have not read a translated book in 10 years, about the same time I have not read a paper book, I remember that the last paper book I bought cost me 20 €. I read between 2 to 4 books a week so it was too expensive. I was a member of my local library since I started primary school, and every week I went to the library, but there came a time that I had read most of the books that interested me. Lucky for me that’s when ebooks started to appear and the ereaders come along.

With the 20 € that a book costs I can buy at least 4 english ebooks, more if I use coupons or promotions, which I’m always looking for. I have used the subscription services (KU and scribd) and find it is worth it for me.

There is a market for used books here, and I’ve been selling my paper books online, a used paper book sells between 4 to 7 € wich is the same as an original ebook. Last year I sold about 80 € in paper books which I used to pay ebooks.

I think that even if the book translation prices would drop to the same price as the original ones I still would not go back to read them. I found it odd now to read translations and more so because not always the translation is faithful to the original, when you compare the original book with the translation sometimes there are quite a few differences that makes you wonder what else have they changed in the books you’ve read.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:53 AM   #31915
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm in the same boat than tempest@de in all aspects. At this moment, I don't think I would be back to translated edition unless I'm forced to it (and I still remember the pre-agency prices ;( )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #31916
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Wet TP and containers rant...

WHY?

Why is it that the manufactuers of wet toilet paper, otherwise referred to in polite society, as "wipes," cannot or will not, or don't, or won't, make the containers therefor obvious?

It drives me nuts that every time I pick some up, it's a guessing game as to WHICH holder/container/dispenser that wipe A goes with. Maybe it goes with dispenser 1, or 2, or 281. I don't know. There does not seem to be any way of knowing. In this day and age, State Secrets are less secret than the Mystery of The Appropriate Dispenser.

I mean, I've always thought that the 10 hot dogs/8 buns thing is stupid. (Or is it vice-versa?). That's dumb. And clearly intended to sell more buns.

It's not as though it's just aesthetics; it's not. The bloody things are designed to work with this dispenser, and not with that one, and so on.

I get that possibly, these a$$hats think that forcing us to buy utterly unneeded containers somehow benefits their business, but all it does is piss me off. I've gotten to the point that now I buy the "flat" kind, that are supposed to go through some sort of pop-up gap or whatever, and put them in an old wet wipes container.

It's absolutely infuriating. If you just want to sell the damned things IN a container, then, FFS, just MAKE THEM THAT WAY!! Stop offering "refills" as if anyone outside of the darkest depths of your top-secret "Wipe-naming lab" can figure out which g*ddamned wipe goes with which g*ddamned container. '

Meanwhile, the underside of my guest-bath sink looks like the Mythical Wipe Dispenser Graveyard, where old Dispensers migrate to die. Any minute now, I expect to see Quatermain rooting around down there.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #31917
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I sometimes like to read French and Italian translations of English books to get a perspective of what another reader (the translator) made of the book. Only for books I really enjoyed, and mostly out of copyright classics, although the most recent was a French translation of Mantel's Wolf Hall.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:23 AM   #31918
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I got the bright idea to make my own stickers for my planner. I have various sticker papers, from the manufacturer of the plotter; white, craft and transparent. I wanted to start with small light bulb stickers to use as indication for when I'm working.

I bought two different light bulb files from Etsy. Downloaded them and loaded them into my plotter software, which has a Print & Cut option (it prints registration marks so the plotter knows where to cut).

The first file, with colourful bulbs I printed on transparent sticker paper. It should work with inkjet printers, but after waiting for over an hour it still smudges. I'll give another couple of hour and if it doesn't work I'll use the fixative spray I have. I do like the transparent look, so I'll have to find one that works for the ink of my Canon printer.

The second batch, with a simple line drawing, I printer out on craft sticker paper. It took me dozens of tries to get the plotter to see the registration marks, even using a flashlight. I think the craft paper was too dark for the sensor, even if the machine is standing next to the window. But I eventually got it to cut. The first row was right on target. The rest wasn't. Though this could have been user error, I might not have used the right settings when printing.

I'm now doing the simple bulbs again on which sticker paper. It found the registration marks at the first go and it's now cutting the circles around the bulbs and halfway through it seems to be doing a good job now. This is nice and thick sticker paper, I have done it before with store bought paper, but it was really thin and printed washed out. However, this is expensive paper and only 8 sheets in one pack. So I'll have to find a better quality I can get at a local store.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:18 PM   #31919
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
My company had a client pull work away meaning my department is not needed. I do not know if I will get laid off or cross trained. On top of that we are going threw a merger and they sent an email to all employees on the severance pay package. We are a big company and my area does not overlap with the company buying us so a good chance I will not get laid off. We are in real estate, mutual funds, software , finance, healthcare. I am on the healthcare side which is a division the company thats buying us wants to get into so I should be safe. I am still scared for I am tenured and they can easily replace me with someone making less money. A small part of me wants to get laid off for my severance will be over $20,000 so when i get a new job most likely less pay that $20,000 will help me get by a long time and it may nice to have a change. Then again I do not want to loose tenure and the 6 weeks vacation a year I get.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:24 PM   #31920
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
And it has happened again. A package was marked as delivered and it wasn't. At 7pm it was listed as a failed delivery this morning and at 10pm the status had changed to that it had been delivered just before 4.30pm.

The tracking code I got was for UPS, so I contacted them earlier today to ask if the package would be delivered or if I would have to pick it up somewhere. They couldn't help me, they had handed over the package to USPS in the US, after it went through Dutch customs it would have been handed over to a local company, most likely PostNL or SelektVracht (DHL). Of course non of those recognize the track and trace number.

The package might turn up tomorrow. It has happened before the deliverer didn't have time to make all the deliveries and marked a package as delivered only to deliver it the next day. But just in case I contacted the company I made the order from to see what they want to do if the package isn't delivered and to let them know that something went wrong.

I'm keeping my finger's crossed my planner turns up tomorrow, if not it'll be a fun afternoon of emailing tomorrow.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness