Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-25-2014, 06:47 AM   #1
darkl
darkl is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Orizon
Courrier international recipe

I've updated the courrier international recipe to better handle current version of their web site.

I've uploaded it there : https://gist.githubusercontent.com/v...ational.recipe

It download all feed from courrier, enable those who pay courrier international to download articles behind the paywall, and update the cleaning to current web site.

I was wondering: in the final stage, ebook-convert tell me that some referenced file are not found. They are link to older articles still available on the web site, but that my recipe did not download because I don't want to dowload the 5+ years of old articles. Is there a way to convert them to links to their web site?
darkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If the recipe didn't download them, the links should still point to the original articles on the web.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:41 AM   #3
darkl

It doesn't look like it: in the generated ebook, I've link like file:///tmp/calibre_1.25.0_tmp_CfTaso/80m1jA_ebook_iter//article/2013/12/31/a-hambourg-le-squat-flora-et-sa-drole-de-faune that will definitively won't work. I had wrote a preprocess_html that will rewrote most of the link that will fail (to thing that are not article) but the problem stay.

I've generated an ebook without my preprocess_html method, and most internal link fail. I can put the generated epub somewhere, and the content of the directory generated by the -d option, if it is of interest.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That will happen if the website uses relative links, in which case you should implement preprocess_html and make the links absolute yourself.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #5
darkl

Okay. I've updated the recipe: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/v...ational.recipe

Tags
courrier international, french, recipe