Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #91
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I think my Gen3 with new firmware drained the battery in less than one day when it was not used. I must test it again since I am not totally sure but I distinctly remember fully charging the battery yesterday...

Anybody else seeing something similar?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #92
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A cpu load meter would be good to have...
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #93
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I think my Gen3 with new firmware drained the battery in less than one day when it was not used. I must test it again since I am not totally sure but I distinctly remember fully charging the battery yesterday...

I'm not sure but from updating firmware, when battery was ob 80%, it took quite a short time (compared to before update) to get down to 40%. I recharged it Monday morning and we'll see how long it will take to drain it...

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:16 AM   #94
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Quote:

Tommy,

Is this with the auto shutdown enabled?

So far, I don't *think* I'm seeing a different power usage behavior...but I'll pay closer attention!

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:39 AM   #95
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWLaRue View Post
Tommy,

Is this with the auto shutdown enabled?

So far, I don't *think* I'm seeing a different power usage behavior...but I'll pay closer attention!
With the unit on and in library view (auto shutdown disabled). I might misremember when I charged it so I will check this eventing what the status is (I disconnected the Cybook from the charger an hour ago or so).
Advert
Old 05-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #96
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
My battery felt like it went down faster since the upgrade, but it might also be a more accurate reflection of the way power is consumed. I actually hit 10% this time - I used to never see it go below 30% - it'd go from 30 and if I didn't recharge, it'd be frozen/out of power.

On the other hand, it also seemed to drop from 70%-30% much faster. I need to do a full charge and some actual paying attention to how much I'm reading.

The pages are definitely more sensitive now. I love that for general reading, but I have to be more careful when playing around with setting changes or selecting a new book - I'll end up jumping around and switching up the entirely wrong thing.

Overall, I'm fairly neutral about the upgrade. I wasn't waiting on the edge of my seat for it, since as-is, the Cybook was still a joy to read from. Eventually I'll get the folders/sorting features, but until then I keep my library at about 80ish titles, to make it manageable. The page turning thing could be nice once I get used to it, the battery is nice in theory but I really need to put it through its paces!
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #97
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
With the unit on and in library view (auto shutdown disabled). I might misremember when I charged it so I will check this eventing what the status is (I disconnected the Cybook from the charger an hour ago or so).
It seems to work OK now so I am suspecting that my memory was broken instead...
Old 05-13-2008, 04:46 PM   #98
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Maybe they fixed the battery meter, so it'll look like it goes down faster, but Cybook will stop reacting at 0%, not at 50% like before?
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #99
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixte View Post
My battery felt like it went down faster since the upgrade, but it might also be a more accurate reflection of the way power is consumed. I actually hit 10% this time - I used to never see it go below 30% - it'd go from 30 and if I didn't recharge, it'd be frozen/out of power.

On the other hand, it also seemed to drop from 70%-30% much faster. I need to do a full charge and some actual paying attention to how much I'm reading.

The pages are definitely more sensitive now. I love that for general reading, but I have to be more careful when playing around with setting changes or selecting a new book - I'll end up jumping around and switching up the entirely wrong thing.

Overall, I'm fairly neutral about the upgrade. I wasn't waiting on the edge of my seat for it, since as-is, the Cybook was still a joy to read from. Eventually I'll get the folders/sorting features, but until then I keep my library at about 80ish titles, to make it manageable. The page turning thing could be nice once I get used to it, the battery is nice in theory but I really need to put it through its paces!

I kinda think that it's discharging differently (faster) as well. As for the pages being more "sensitive", I haven't quite made up my mind.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #100
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
No. What I am seeing happen is if I press "down" or "up" not quite correctly, I get a condition where the page moves to the "next" (down) or "previous" (up) page - and then jumps back to the page I just left. And then gets stuck doing that again and again - even though I then take care to press firmly. It gets frustrating.
Yep, I am seeing this too all of a sudden. Strange that it took a few days, but now it is happening quite a bit -- but for me, it is only happening when I page backwards. (As far as the few days -- no, it's not battery-related, the Gen3 is fully charged.)
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #101
azman
Azman
azman began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Help!! I tried to perform the firmware upgrade, But midway the upgrade process hang. I tried to reboot the set but it got hang on the first screen. Now I can even reboot reboot the set. Any advise is appreciated.
azman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:25 PM   #102
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by azman View Post
Help!! I tried to perform the firmware upgrade, But midway the upgrade process hang. I tried to reboot the set but it got hang on the first screen. Now I can even reboot reboot the set. Any advise is appreciated.

Azman,

Try downloading the update for firmware Build 538. It's the one that's about 9MB in the zip file. That version will completely strip out whatever's there and re-install Build 538. Then attempt the Build 685 install again.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #103
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Azman,
Try downloading the update for firmware Build 538. It's the one that's about 9MB in the zip file. That version will completely strip out whatever's there and re-install Build 538. Then attempt the Build 685 install again.
But this version is not available from Bookeen to download.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #104
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You have to request the download link from "support@bookeen.com". It's not a "public" download.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #105
azman
Azman
azman began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Still awaiting the download link for Bookeen. Just curious, since both the power and reset button are not responding, what are other means of resetting the set?
azman is offline   Reply With Quote