Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2024, 11:31 AM   #1
Maimun Ahmed
Mr. Developer
Maimun Ahmed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Exclamation Auto-start KOReader on startup of my jailbroken Kindle Voyage

Hi there mobileread family, I am very new to developing on kindle. I have a kindle voyage in which I want to directly boot into KOReader after the device restarts or at least, auto-launch KOReader after sometime the device turns on. Is that possible. My main goal is to hide the kindle OS and only show the KOReader UI. It would be a life-saver if anyone could help me solve this problem.
Maimun Ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 02:37 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
You need a script placed to the /etc/upstart folder.
The commands to launch KOReader you can see in the extensions/koreader files.
It might need to wait for a while:
Code:
start on framework_ready and started kb and started pillow
Some details in: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=221019
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2024, 06:34 AM   #3
Maimun Ahmed
Mr. Developer

Thanks for your help @hius07. I am gonna try this tonight. BTW, is it necessary to jailbreak the device to achieve this. I have a non-jailbroken Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation) and I want to achieve the same over there.
Old 02-24-2024, 06:58 AM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Of course jailbreak is needed. You can't run/use KOReader without jailbreak, let alone create new Upstart services without jailbreak + SSH or terminal emulator
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 08:26 AM   #5
Maimun Ahmed
Mr. Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Of course jailbreak is needed. You can't run/use KOReader without jailbreak, let alone create new Upstart services without jailbreak + SSH or terminal emulator
Yeah, I later found out that the folder structures are different in non rooted devices.
Advert

Tags
auto launch, auto start, kindle, koreader