Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-25-2017, 01:24 AM   #2791
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
a suggestion, re links to footnotes etc. in the text: they are marked grey on the page but I often accidentally touch them when turning the page, then I find myself several hundred pages further and don't have a clue how to get back to the page I came from (chapter heading, dozens of footnotes etc.) Could we somehow mark the link I came from in bold, so that by touching it I'll be directed back?
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:50 AM   #2792
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The "Follow links" menu options include a "Go back" selection (grayed out if you have not been forwarded) as well as options to set gestures for the function.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #2793
ebrahimpak
Zealot
ebrahimpak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
I'd say that in KOReader the alpha and beta stages are somewhat less formal. Basically any time you don't see new features being added the program tends to creep toward stable whether it's a conscious effort or not.

tl;dr If that were all I'd tag the current code 2017.07 stable and be done with it as it's generally been good to me for quite a while now.
I concur that the above-mentioned code-version is quite stable. No conspicuous error came up using it for a while.
ebrahimpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:38 AM   #2794
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

re: follow links - I got it. But when I've dozens of grayed-out footnotes to chose from I'm still stuck - I guess demanding different shades of gray is asking a bit too much. thanks anyway
Old 08-03-2017, 06:44 AM   #2795
serdar0020
Zealot

I have another problem, regarding the display of Arabic characters - the original mobi book looks good in Kindle for PC (edit: my mistake, the mobi has small characters too), but really bad on my kobo (I changed format to both pdf and epub, still the Arabic names appear too small - see screenshot) Any ideas?

https://i.imgbox.com/VBn5I6n1.jpg

using the latest version of koreader

Last edited by serdar0020; 08-04-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Advert
Old 08-03-2017, 07:55 AM   #2796
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would guess that the font used for Arabic, in that book, is somehow set at a lower size, or that it is being tagged for a smaller display in the css.

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #2797
ebrahimpak
Zealot
ebrahimpak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
I have another problem, regarding the display of Arabic characters - the original mobi book looks good in Kindle for PC (edit: my mistake, the mobi has small characters too), but really bad on my kobo (I changed format to both pdf and epub, still the Arabic names appear too small - see screenshot) Any ideas?

https://i.imgbox.com/VBn5I6n1.jpg

using the latest version of koreader
I believe the extinguished words are transcription of the Turkish and Arabic words in the text, which have different innate sizes than that of the English text. So basically it is still Latin alphabet and not Arabic as you said. I also have the same problem with a text containing both Persian (and other Iranian alphabet systems) and English transcriptions in different fonts, unless the text in question is a PDF file which could be handled neatly by Koreader.
I am not sure, but you may open the epub (or mobi) by 7zip, and fiddle with the font size of the transcriptions in the css or the text files.
ebrahimpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:50 AM   #2798
Hopper333
Hopper333 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quick question to the experts here. Since installing a stable release of koreader about 2 months ago on my original H2O I have been very happy with reliable sleeping and very rare crashing out into KSM. Yesterday I used USB in KSM to add some more documents and when I disconnected the FileManager was in landscape mode. It doesn't matter what I do (e.g. reboot, power off, change to portrait and back in reader), it's stuck in that mode now. There doesn't seem to be an option in the menus. Any suggestions?

TIA

M
Hopper333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:42 AM   #2799
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The landscape option is at the bottom. First you activate the menu, then you tap the little icon in the bottom left. Good luck!
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:03 AM   #2800
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
The landscape option is at the bottom. First you activate the menu, then you tap the little icon in the bottom left. Good luck!
I think he means that it is stuck in landscape mode - in the File Browser/File Manager. I don't see a bottom menu there. I seem to remember that someone wanted to have the File Manager go to Landscape, over at github, and someone found where the script could be altered to do it. But I could be misremembering.

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-10-2017, 03:21 PM   #2801
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My bad. https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/2347 says that you can change the `fm_screen_mode` setting in settings.reader.lua

The real question is how it got there.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #2802
Hopper333

I had seen some of these threads but the suggestion generally seemed to be not to adjust this setting manually, for some reason.

If I did want to change it, what is the best (safest) way to do it?
Old 08-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #2803
Hopper333

Now it fixed itself without me doing anything...
Old 08-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #2804
Frenzie
Wizard

You probably want to keep a backup of anything like that, unless you don't care if your other settings get lost (which at least for me wouldn't be a very big disaster — I change only a few defaults). The simplest way to create a backup is simply to make a copy (e.g., Ctrl+C followed by Ctrl+V). On most operating systems you'll then get a file like "settings.reader (copy).lua". I prefer to rename such a file to something slightly more meaningful, like settings.reader.lua.bck20170810

In any case, the important thing is you have something that works which you can restore if things go horribly wrong.

Once you have a backup, in this case you can probably just delete the relevant line to reset the orientation to its default value.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:08 AM   #2805
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
Regarding reading books in landscape mode and filemanager...

When I open the book either through "History" or "Open last document", and then switch to file manager, the file manager is also shown in lanscape mode.

If I instead open the same book either through the file manager (it doesn't matter if the file manager is in portrait or landscape mode) or automatically when I start my E-reader, and then switch to file manager, the file manager is instead shown in portrait mode.

I suppose it's not meant to be like this. Is this a known issue?

(I have Kobo Aura One (Nickel version 4.3.9845)).
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote