Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
AutumnDreamer
Enthusiast
AutumnDreamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 2
Question Search Results

When I upgraded to the new .8 the results when you search changed. It used to be when you clicked on an author, series, tag, etc, that only those results would show up in the main window. Now, everything shows up and the results are highlighted. I'm really not digging that. I have quite a few books that have more than one author and the results don't all show up together. Is this a bug? Is this permanent? Is there a plugin to revert it to the previous way? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!
AutumnDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:41 AM   #2
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Sure.
  1. Go to Preferences
  2. Select Searching (Far-right on top row)
  3. Un-check "Highlight search results instead of restricting..."
Hit Apply, and close.

And welcome to Mobileread & the calibre forum.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 03:47 AM   #3
AutumnDreamer
Enthusiast

Thank you! That was just what I was looking for. I tried to use the "restrict to" deal above the whateveryoucall it pane, and Calibre just crashed on me twice. The other time I couldn't get the rest of the results back.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
Also, you can toggle this feature on an as-needed basis by clicking the little icon to the right of the search bar in the main window - it looks like three blue lines with a red diagonal line through it. You can click it and it will switch back and forth even on an active search - no need to go into preferences at all. (I switch between them all the time, so I'm really happy the toggle button is back - it was gone for a little while!)

EDIT: I just noticed that the red diagonal line on the icon toggles on and off; off for highlighted search, on for separate list of search results. So you might see only three blue horizontal lines. Anyway, it's to the right of the "reset search" button.

Last edited by jesscat; 05-14-2011 at 11:40 AM.
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:09 AM   #5
AutumnDreamer
Enthusiast

Thanks for that tip jesscat, I appreciate it!
Advert

Tags
library, search