Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 06-07-2003, 03:55 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Easier Hotsync with Mac OSX

(I received this posting by mail from Aaron - thought it was interesting enough to be reposted here)

Thank you for this excellent site/list/resource.

I'd just like to point out an easier method for automatic installation during hotsynch.

I'm using Mac OS X, and it appears that in the iSiloX configuration I only have the option of hotsynching to RAM, when of course I want a ton of stuff, and need it to go to the card.

Having iSilo X copy the files to a folder is obviously the way to go, but rather than copy to just any folder, the user should select a folder that will be installed automatically at hotsynch time. The Palm installer really does nothing special except copy the data or programs to a special folder. When Hotsynching, the Hotsynch Manager simply transfers the contents of this folder to the device. Inside that folder is another folder for data/programs destined for the memory stick. If you make that folder the folder for the iSilo downloads, then it will automatically be transferred to the device at the next hotsynch.

For instance, my hard drive is "Sawtooth" and my Palm's name is "Amelia" and my computer user directory is "aaron". My path to the memory stick folder, assuming I've left everything in their default locations, is Sawtooth : Users: Documents : Palm : Users : Amelia : Files to Install : Memory Stick

Voila! Automatic installation after downloading (at next hotsynch) and it goes onto the memory stick. I'm pretty sure this scenario works the same way on the PC, though the path is obviously different!