Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 05-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
cays
cays began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t2
Is it possible to read an iPublishCentral e-book on Sony?

Hi to all!

First thank you very much for this helpful forum!

I have bougt a Sony PRS-T2, and it works fine. I bought a paper-book with a web account with it, and there it was given an e-book edition of the original paper-book.

The web site allowed me to download the e-book on my notebook, and I may read it offline with an e-book reader called iPublishCentral. The e-book issue is stored in imp-format, the file extensions are imp, db and xml.

I would like to take this e-book with me on my Sony e-book reader, but I haven't found how to convert in a compatible format. I have tried the converters you provided Converting .IMP to anything? WE ARE NOW THERE! and IMP GUI Converter/Editor. I suspect I didn't use the converters correctly, because it didn't give me any results.

Can somebody of the e-book experts and imp experts explain to me some background knowledge? Is it possible to solve this, or am I constrained to buy the concerned book as an e-book once again?

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Cays
cays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Check our wiki for IMP and IMP software.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
cays

Thank you, DaleDe,
I will do that.
cays
Old 05-28-2013, 03:21 AM   #4
sheetal.sharma
sheetal.sharma began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Senior Marketing Executive

Hi Cays,

Thank you for using iPublishCentral iOffline Reader!

Below is the answer for your query:

Books hosted on the iPublishCentral platform requires dedicated reading applications for offline reading. This is done to protect the publisher's content. We do not have a dedicated reading application for the Sony PRS-T2 device at the moment. iPublishCentral Reading applications is currently available for the desktop/laptops, iPad, and 7 and 10" Android tablets.

I hope this suffices.

Regards,
Sheetal
sheetal.sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
cays

Hi Sheetal!

Thank you very much for your answer.

As I do not like so much to read books on my notebook, I hope for a reader program coming for my Sony reader sooner or later.

Kind regards,
Cays