Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2021, 04:18 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Kindle group series in library.

I keep turning it off and it turns back on automatically. It is driving me freaking nuts! Anyone find a solution in turning it off and keeping it off? it seems to do this only on ereader devices.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:50 AM   #2
ametzler
Zealot
ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I keep turning it off and it turns back on automatically. It is driving me freaking nuts! Anyone find a solution in turning it off and keeping it off? it seems to do this only on ereader devices.
Just to enlarge the sample: I have turned it off once and stayed turned-off. (PW3)
ametzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2021, 05:10 PM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ametzler View Post
Just to enlarge the sample: I have turned it off once and stayed turned-off. (PW3)
HUH??
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:49 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
HUH??
I think @ametzier is saying they cannot reproduce this issue on their PW3. I think we need to assume it is running the latest firmware.

However, when I went to check my Paperwhite, I found Series Grouping was turned off (before checking, I would have said it was on, because that is my default preference). I don’t remember turning it off, or playing around with it recently.

This does not count for much, since I would not have noticed it, given the way I have been using it for the last couple of weeks (I am only accessing books in my Started collection, and there isn’t any grouping in there). I could easily have forgotten what I was doing with it back then and haven’t been spending much time outside of the collection where I might have noticed things weren’t grouped.

Last edited by tomsem; 11-29-2021 at 06:56 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote