Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-30-2021, 06:25 AM   #2611
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I was actually going to suggest the github, but the link in the first post ("fork the repository") is a 404. Hopefully someone can fix that.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:55 AM   #2612
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I was actually going to suggest the github, but the link in the first post ("fork the repository") is a 404. Hopefully someone can fix that.
Good point. I have fixed it.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 12:41 PM   #2613
RobertJSawyer
Fanatic
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Aura, Mini; Kindle PaperWhite
Thank you, @davidfor! You're the best!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 11:15 AM   #2614
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Version 3.5.4 just uploaded, updates custom CSS file support to include new devices
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:16 AM   #2615
sheldon_es
sheldon_es began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hello. I'm new with this plugin. I tried to use this plugin to send the books to my (new) Kobo Clara HD. Some books worked ok, but with most of books I got an error:calibre, version 5.32.0
ERROR: Error: Error en la comunicación con el dispositivo

[Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'C:\\temp\\calibre_buxw6wjt\\mic5lj54_epub_contain er\\OEBPS\\Text\\part0054.html'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 593, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 416, in upload_books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2143, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 211, in _modify_epub
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 119, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 375, in __run_async_over_content
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 368, in __run_async
File "concurrent\futures\_base.py", line 432, in result
File "concurrent\futures\_base.py", line 388, in __get_result
File "concurrent\futures\thread.py", line 57, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 310, in forced_cleanup
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 170, in flush_cache
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 368, in __run_async
File "concurrent\futures\_base.py", line 432, in result
File "concurrent\futures\_base.py", line 388, in __get_result
File "concurrent\futures\thread.py", line 57, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 174, in __flush_cache_impl
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1032, in commit_item
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'C:\\temp\\calibre_buxw6wjt\\mic5lj54_epub_contain er\\OEBPS\\Text\\part0054.html'

I don't know if I should post it here or in the thread of the conversion plugin, as it's throwing the same error. Could you help me?
sheldon_es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 09:52 AM   #2616
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think, that that is a problem with something cleaning up the temporary storage while the files are still being used. The error number is not the usual for that, but, it isn't an uncommon problem. The other possibility is you anti-virus/malware blocking access to the file.

Is c:\temp somewhere unusual? Is it just on the main drive of the PC? Or is it a link somewhere else?
Old 11-17-2021, 11:07 AM   #2617
sheldon_es

It's my main drive. In fact I changed the default temp directory because of the error (it was inside c:\users\... before). It may be my antivirus, as it's a enterprise PC, but I can convert other books.
Old 11-17-2021, 02:51 PM   #2618
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon_es View Post
It's my main drive. In fact I changed the default temp directory because of the error (it was inside c:\users\... before). It may be my antivirus, as it's a enterprise PC, but I can convert other books.
Temp Access issues are not usually Per Book. (assumes other conversions work before and after the problem book)

Something else is happening
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:54 AM   #2619
sheldon_es

It may be malformed epubs? I've converted the books with kepubify and worked fine.
Old 11-21-2021, 12:21 AM   #2620
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon_es View Post
It may be malformed epubs? I've converted the books with kepubify and worked fine.
Using kepubify doesn't really tell us anything. It shares no code with the extended driver and handles errors it finds in different ways.

The error you are reporting is somehow related to the way a calibre unpacks files when making changes. The failure is happening when the changed file is being put back into the book. Which is the reason for my suggestion.

The actual error, "[Errno 22] Invalid argument:", comes from Python and the OS, and can mean a few things. One is that the file missing, another is that there are invalid characters in the file names. But, there is nothing obvious in the names for the latter, and the former shouldn't happen unless something is cleaning up temp files somewhere. I can't think of what has been done to fix this the other times it has been reported.

It might be useful to see the original book. Usually I would ask for you to use the ScrambleEbook plugin and post it. But, I think seeing the unchanged book would be better. If it is legal for you to upload, could you? Or if it is available somewhere for me to legally download, can you post the link. Otherwise, can you upload it somewhere and PM me the link.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:21 PM   #2621
Buhaj47
Connoisseur
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I remember the chapter page count didn't work correctly a few years back if the HTML files didn't match ToC entries, I suppose it's still the case. If the user wants to see the count and there's no 1:1 correspondence in EPUB files, does the plugin fix it, or is there another way to do it other than splitting HTML files manually?
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 08:10 PM   #2622
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhaj47 View Post
I remember the chapter page count didn't work correctly a few years back if the HTML files didn't match ToC entries, I suppose it's still the case. If the user wants to see the count and there's no 1:1 correspondence in EPUB files, does the plugin fix it, or is there another way to do it other than splitting HTML files manually?
Firstly, the issues with not having a one-to-one relationship between the ToC and internal files is a lot less than it used to be. I don't think the full book numbering has an issue with this.

Other than that, the extended driver does not make changes to the structure of the books sent. The assumption is that the books being sent are in valid, do not contain errors and are otherwise ready to read. There is some code cleanup, but, that is more about making adding the spans less likely to fail. Otherwise, the intention is to make minimal changes. This was an explicit design decision and won't change.

If more is desired, do a conversion to kepub.

Tags
error, kobo aura one