Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-27-2021, 01:28 PM   #1
Drybonz
Connoisseur
Drybonz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Calibre Does Not Recognize 2021 Paperwhite

I've connected my new 2021 Paperwhite and it is not showing in Calibre. Anyone else having this problem? Does it require a Calibre update? Thanks for the help.
Drybonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:46 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The support for the new PW will be in the next Calibre update.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 08:36 PM   #3
somefire
somefire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I've connected my new 2021 Paperwhite and it is not showing in Calibre. Anyone else having this problem? Does it require a Calibre update? Thanks for the help.
I'm having the same issue, as the new Kindle Paperwhite was just released today and it seems the new Calibre version doesn't recognize it!

I joined the forum just to post this, and glad I'm not the only one with the issue.
somefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 08:38 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by somefire View Post
I'm having the same issue, as the new Kindle Paperwhite was just released today and it seems the new Calibre version doesn't recognize it!

I joined the forum just to post this, and glad I'm not the only one with the issue.
Wait for the next version, the fix will be in that.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 12:22 AM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
calibre 5.31 is now released so your shiny new 2021 Paperwhite 6.8 will be recognized.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-29-2021 at 12:25 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 07:13 AM   #6
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Got the Calibre update. When I put books on my new Kindle it shows the covers for like 5 seconds before disappearing and staying gone.

Anyone else tried to use Calibre to put azw3 books on the PW5?

Last edited by SusanReads; 10-29-2021 at 07:21 AM.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 07:41 AM   #7
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reset my entire Kindle and now it shows the covers.

Edit: aaaand now they're gone again.
Old 10-29-2021, 09:04 AM   #8
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanReads View Post
Reset my entire Kindle and now it shows the covers.

Edit: aaaand now they're gone again.
See the calibre FAQ Covers for books I send to my e-ink Kindle show up momentarily and then are replaced by a generic cover
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:42 AM   #9
SusanReads
Addict

Ah, thanks!
I couldn't quite understand why I'd never had this problem when I've had Kindles for years and I've always sideloaded my books, but that's because I always have my Kindles in airplane mode. Except for now since I was hoping it would update on its own since the manual firmware can't be downloaded at the moment.

Put it in airplane mode again and the issue is fixed.
Old 10-30-2021, 01:27 PM   #10
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx / Kindle 1 / ebookwise 1150 / Kindle Fire / Kindle Paperwhite
Edited - I figured it out. It involved me being stupid.

[I can't get Calibre to update to version 5.31 on Calibre portable.

It recognizes I have a previous version installed and asks if I want to upgrade, I click yes and it installs but the previous version remains.]

Last edited by Jean; 10-30-2021 at 02:48 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 03:17 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post

It recognizes I have a previous version installed and asks if I want to upgrade, I click yes and it installs but the previous version remains.]
Because you probably installed a full version.

You really should install a full version because the portable is 32-bit and a full version can be 64-bit. You really do want the 64-bit version as it will run better overall.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:08 PM   #12
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx / Kindle 1 / ebookwise 1150 / Kindle Fire / Kindle Paperwhite
No. I didn't pay attention to the install path. I have Calibre portable installed in C:\Jean but there is apparently a second install in C:\users\Jean that I didn't know about and that is where it updated.

I do have the full version installed on my pc that I use for most purposes but when I sideload to my kindle from this version it doesn't alphabetize correctly. So I have portable set up where I mess up the way it alphabetizes so when I sideload it to my kindle it is in correct alphabetical order.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 10:55 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post

If you were stupid, then you weren't alone. INCLUDE ME!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:24 PM   #14
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
It takes calibre 1 to 4 weeks to update their software whenever a new device is released
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote