Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-11-2018, 05:11 PM   #16
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Not that it's any of my business, of course. But I can't help but wonder... if you live in an apartment house and your neighbors have wifi networks, why not get one for yourself too? I'm pretty sure it will make no difference healthwise, when most of your neighbors have wifi anyway. And it would make your life much easier.

If you live in your own house, it's a different matter.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #17
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Harry: yes I do. It's a question of organisation. He's coming over tomorrow to give moral support when I take an ill cat to the vet. I already asked him about using his wifi when I bought the Kobo Clara (which has been returned - light bleed) so I know, in theory, that he doesn't mind. I'll see if he's free on tuesday, depending on how the vet visit goes (I suspect she needs an op).
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #18
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Harry: yes I do. It's a question of organisation. He's coming over tomorrow to give moral support when I take an ill cat to the vet. I already asked him about using his wifi when I bought the Kobo Clara (which has been returned - light bleed) so I know, in theory, that he doesn't mind. I'll see if he's free on tuesday, depending on how the vet visit goes (I suspect she needs an op).
Very sorry to hear about your cat. I hope she'll get well. Will have to visit the vet again with one of mine in December.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:21 PM   #19
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sirtel: I live in my own semi-detached house in a leafy area where many of the residents are retired and probably don't have computers. I know that the old guy whose house joins mine doesn't have one, but I suspect that, on the other side (joined by a wooden garage) they have internet. Unfortunately, they're not very friendly. But there's a guy over the road who I knew for years before I moved here who is willing to let me use his wifi. I can't pick it up from where I am, so will have to visit him when I'm not pre-occupied with Victoria, the cat. Thanks for your kind thoughts about her.

Last edited by BookCat; 11-11-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:09 PM   #20
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I now have firmware 5.9.7. I think this is the most recent update for the Paperwhite 2 (6th gen). I think the 5.10.1.1. is for the Paperwhite 3 and upwards.
The Paperwhite 2 can use 5.10.1.1. If you want to update it, you can still download the firmware at:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...2_5.10.1.1.bin

According to DuckieTigger, if you're at 5.9.7, updating to 5.10.1.1 shouldn't be a problem (as per Customer Service comments).

Just realized, there may still be a difference between U.S. and U.K. firmware? (Seems like all that has gone away, but I'm not sure?

Oh, BTW, also sorry about your cat. Good luck with the vet.

Last edited by rcentros; 11-11-2018 at 08:12 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2018, 02:25 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There’s no difference. Firmware isn’t country-specific..
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:39 PM   #22
BookCat
C L J

Took Victoria to the vet, she just needs a course of steroids (she has a condition called eosinophilic granuloma, which comes and goes but responds to steroids). She's not happy about the trip, but will forgive me in time.

I've managed to register my kindle over at my friend's. Have disabled the silly home screen and begun making Collections. I even have the Vocabulary Builder available to me now. My kindle even has a name: CatKin!!

Thanks for the helpful advice, and Victoria sends lots of purrs for the good wishes.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:51 PM   #23
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Great! Sounds like good news all around. Pickles sends his good wishes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pickles.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	333.0 KB
ID:	167664  
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #24
BookCat
C L J

What a lovely cat Pickles is!

Tags
firmware 5.4.2., firmware update