Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 11:30 AM   #16
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@coplate: There was a dedicated thread about that, was it not? (Unless we're not thinking of the same things: I was thinking of getting at the factory image).
It was:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291728

No instructions in public, only PMs.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:38 AM   #17
marrco
Enthusiast
marrco began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw4
I have a few hours now, if some testing is needed.
marrco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 12:32 PM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@hius07: I distinctly remember a public writeup, but I may have dreamed that one up .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #19
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
I found the timeframe of the instructions, I will be going back to see if my PM's saved them from that time.

Please be patient, and I will have mine in a few hours.

PM me if you are a computer power user, and think you are willing ot run some advanced commands to try to capture some things off oyur devices.

I ordered the "32GB - WIFI - Special Offer"

If you have the 8 GB, or either of the 3G versions, feel free to PM me, if you have the same model I have, I think my research should be enough.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #20
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
This is interesting. My new PW 4, which I haven't received yet, has a S# of G0000 PP08 ... on my Amazon devices page. It is 8GB, WiFi, No SO ,US, although it is coming to Costa Rica by a forwarder. I'll double check it when I get it next week, but for now it looks like we have both G000 PP07 and G000 PP08.

Last edited by induna; 11-07-2018 at 05:35 PM.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plugged all that into KindleTool, will slowly work through everything else tonight...
Old 11-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #22
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
There's also the G0000 T6 for 32GB.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=17

Curious, for those who already know their PW4 serial numbers, what do the digits 9-12 show on yours?

Supposedly, those digits correspond to:
year of manufacture: 9
week of manufacture: 10-11
day of manufacture: 12
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:34 PM   #23
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Might 2. mean it'll ship with the same android-esque diags mode than the KT3?

As for 1., platform/board handling should already be ready in KindleTool, give me a shout if you get something before an official update rears its head .
I tried a couple homemade cables I had, but everything booted up well. If we knew how to trigger the adb or fastboot modes, that would be a great thing.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #24
coplate
Guru

Here is some data from my 32GB PW4

Code:
[root@kindle /]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 3.00
Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpd32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x4
CPU part        : 0xc09
CPU revision    : 1

Hardware        : Freescale i.MX6 SoloLite (Device Tree)
Revision        : 0000

[root@kindle /proc]# cat mfgdate

Last edited by coplate; 11-08-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #25
NiLuJe
BLAM!

FWIW, I'm basically waiting for a GCC build to finish, but I have updated snapshots ready to go .

EDIT: Done! Snapshots updated, as well as the JB Hotfix & patched KUAL. No idea if any of it actually works, but, hey, it's ready .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-08-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #26
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
I tried a couple homemade cables I had, but everything booted up well. If we knew how to trigger the adb or fastboot modes, that would be a great thing.
if you can gain a terminal access via the serial port you can try commands like theese:
Code:
settings put global development_settings_enabled 1
settings put global adb_enabled 1
echo "mtp,adb" > /data/property/persist.sys.usb.config
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:50 PM   #27
coplate
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
if you can gain a terminal access via the serial port you can try commands like theese:
Code:
settings put global development_settings_enabled 1
settings put global adb_enabled 1
echo "mtp,adb" > /data/property/persist.sys.usb.config
I have terminal access right now, this is the contensts of the config_adb script that is on the kindle

I am not ready to try this, because I dont want to break this, I am being very careful with my new toy :-)

Code:
[root@kindle bin]# cat  config_adbd.sh
#!/bin/sh

mntroot rw
ln -s /lib/modules/4.1.15-lab126 /lib/modules/`uname -r`
modprobe -r g_mass_storage
sync
fsck -y -f /dev/loop/0
sleep 2
modprobe libcomposite
sleep 2
cd /tmp/root
mkdir cfg
mount none cfg -t configfs
mkdir cfg/usb_gadget/g1
cd cfg/usb_gadget/g1
mkdir configs/c.1
mkdir functions/mass_storage.0
echo /dev/loop/0 > functions/mass_storage.0/lun.0/file
mkdir functions/ffs.adb
mkdir strings/0x409
mkdir configs/c.1/strings/0x409
echo 0x9996 > idProduct
echo 0x1949 > idVendor
echo 1111 > strings/0x409/serialnumber
echo Amazon > strings/0x409/manufacturer
echo "FunctionFS gadget (adb, ums, rndis)" > strings/0x409/product
echo "Conf 1" > configs/c.1/strings/0x409/configuration
echo 120 > configs/c.1/MaxPower
mkdir functions/rndis.0
ln -s functions/rndis.0 configs/c.1
ln -s functions/mass_storage.0 configs/c.1
ln -s functions/ffs.adb configs/c.1
mkdir -p /dev/usb-ffs
mkdir -p /dev/usb-ffs/adb
mount -t functionfs adb /dev/usb-ffs/adb -o uid=2000,gid=2000
adbd &
sleep 4
echo ci_hdrc.0 > UDC
sleep 2
ifconfig usb0 192.168.0.20 up
sleep 2
udhcpd &
sleep 1
cd /
mkdir system
cd system
mkdir bin
cd bin
ln -s ../../bin/bash sh
cd /
Old 11-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #28
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried to execute it?
Old 11-08-2018, 07:09 PM   #29
coplate
Guru

Quote:
FWIW, I'm basically waiting for a GCC build to finish, but I have updated snapshots ready to go .

EDIT: Done! Snapshots updated, as well as the JB Hotfix & patched KUAL. No idea if any of it actually works, but, hey, it's ready .
I just looked at the hotfix you updated about 10 minutes ago, I didn't see the new model numbers attached to it. these are the device IDs in the official update from amazon:
Device Unknown (0x2F7)
Device Unknown (0x361)
Device Unknown (0x362)
Device Unknown (0x363)
Device Unknown (0x364)
Device Unknown (0x365)
Device Unknown (0x366)
Device Unknown (0x367)
Device Unknown (0x372)
Device Unknown (0x373)
Device Unknown (0x374)
Device Unknown (0x375)
Device Unknown (0x376)

Its probably going to take a while to figure out what devices those all match up to.

Edit: I do see you added
2F7 and 366, which as far as we can tell are the 8g and 32g us WIFI only.

Last edited by coplate; 11-08-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:22 PM   #30
encol
Evangelist

what's the output of
Code:
ps aux|grep adb
?

Last edited by encol; 11-09-2018 at 03:24 AM.

Tags
paperwhite4, pf4.32, pw4, pw4.8, research